Recipe Avocado and Salmon Bagel

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:57 PM
1616958210349.png

I love salmon and avocado on an "everything" bagel! My recipe has cream cheese, slivered red onion, capers, avocado, and lemon-pepper dill seasoned baked salmon. The combination of flavors is outstanding. If someone had allergies or other issues with the "everything" mixture, a plain bagel works quite well. And of course, grocery store or bakery bagels will work just fine for this recipe.

I make a cheat version of bagels in my air fryer that does not require yeast (baking powder is the leavening agent). The recipe uses plain Greek yogurt to up the protein content and give the bagels that "tang" (these bagels can be baked instead of cooked in an air fryer). It takes less than an hour from start to finish to make these bagels. I found the recipe on how to make the bagels online and have been hooked ever since (courtesy of simplyscratch.com). The author puts sunflower seeds in her bagel dough, I do not, and she rolls the dough into ropes and pinches the ends together, whereas I roll the dough in a ball and punch a hole in the middle.

Easy Air Fryer Everything Bagels - Simply Scratch

I just made a batch of these yesterday:

1616958481954.png

My everything bagel seasoning contains black and white sesame seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, poppy seeds, and sea salt. I make my own, but in the US it can be found in grocery stores (not sure if it's popular in other countries).

Avocado and Salmon Bagels
Ingredients:
1 bagel, sliced in half and toasted
Approximately 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
Slivered onion (as desired)
1 tsp capers
Cracked black pepper (as desired)
1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
Approximately 4 ounces of salmon (smoked salmon can be used; I used lemon-pepper and dill seasoned salmon, recipe below)
Recipe - Lemon Pepper and Dill Seasoned Salmon Filets

After toasting the bagel, spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese on each half, then add capers and red onion slivers as desired. Place sliced avocado on each bagel half, then top with salmon. I chose to heat my salmon up, but it's up to each person's personal preference. After assembling ingredients on each bagel half, sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Enjoy!

1616959228861.png

1616959258439.png

1616959276329.png

Hubby chose to have his avocado served on the side:

1616959703983.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom