TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
9:42 AM
BACON-CHEESE PALMIERS
Makes approx 13

Ingredients
1/2 (17.3oz) package frozen puff pastry (one sheet)
1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon
2 TBsp finely chopped green olives
2 TBsp finely chopped kalamata olives
1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 large egg
1 TBsp water
1/4 cup (4 TBsp) salted butter, melted
2 tsp honey

Directions
Heat oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.

Let puff pastry sheet thaw slightly, but not completely (will be easier to work with if still firm). Using a rolling pin, roll sheet thinner to make it more pliable.

Sprinkle cheese onto sheet, leaving a 1-inch border all the way around. Scatter bacon and olives over cheese and sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Firmly roll up both long sides of sheet halfway, so they meet in the center. Turn over so seam is on the bottom.

Using a serrated knife, cut 1/2-inch slices. Lay slices 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.

In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Brush slices with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.

In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and honey. Brush honey butter over warm palmiers and serve immediately.

Recipe courtesy of Christmas Teatime, Tea Time magazine

NOTE: This is called "Nutcracker Palmiers" in the book, but that's just because it's a Christmas book.

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Puff Pastry

I know it's relatively easy to roll filling into the puff pastry, but I still love the curls. And, while I feel guilty for having a spiral Danish (but still eating it), I somehow feel less guilty eating this. "It's okay, ma...it's savory!" Ma said it's okay.

Thanks, TastyReuben

I do love the olive, Emmental and bacon with the honey. A great combination. And well done for the curly shapes.
Thanks. What I should have done was rolled it, then popped it back in the fridge while the oven heated, but I was about 10 seconds away from a nervous breakdown at that point and not thinking straight. 😩

Back
Top Bottom