Recipe Beer scrambled eggs with smoked fish and goat's cheese

I do have beer on hand so I think I am going to have beer scrambled eggs for breakfast. I am not going to add any smoked fish though. I am just going to stick with the scrambled eggs and she how it goes. Great topic, it sure generated a lot of interesting responses.

I do have beer on hand so I think I am going to have beer scrambled eggs for breakfast. I am not going to add any smoked fish though. I am just going to stick with the scrambled eggs and she how it goes. Great topic, it sure generated a lot of interesting responses.
I'm very curious to hear what you think. You are one of the brave ones!

Well I tried them. I also used a lager beer because that is usually what I drink and what I have on hand. I used 2 Tbsp with 2 eggs and a bit of milk. It definitely had a unique taste to it. The beer flavour wasn't really strong but it was probably plenty strong for breakfast. lol I really like them that way! I am thinking they might be good on a hangover. lol

Beer is a fine ingredient, but not sure I'd put it in scrambled eggs.

There's a film by Mike Leigh "Life is Sweet" which features a hapless wannabe chef who opens a restaurant serving odd dishes (well the point is they don't seem odd to him). I tried recreating his "liver in lager" once: enlivened with some chilli flakes, it was actually OK.

If you want top notch beer cuisine though, you probably need to be in Belgium. I saw a delicious looking dish of eels stewed in beer in Brussels recently - the restaurant used geuze which is often used in cooking in Belgium as it's pretty tart, dry and not very hoppy.

Well I tried them. I also used a lager beer because that is usually what I drink and what I have on hand. I used 2 Tbsp with 2 eggs and a bit of milk. It definitely had a unique taste to it. The beer flavour wasn't really strong but it was probably plenty strong for breakfast. lol I really like them that way! I am thinking they might be good on a hangover. lol
I agree- a great hangover cure. Would work well with a Black Velvet on the side! @classic would like that!

I'm not sure that I should be getting the credit/blame for any of this, given that my "idea" was a joke in response to the plethora of stout-related recipes.

We need to lose the fish, though.
I'd a Guinness version!

I'm not sure that I should be getting the credit/blame for any of this, given that my "idea" was a joke in response to the plethora of stout-related recipes.

We need to lose the fish, though.
Whiskey Scrambled Eggs
Best thing ‘bout waking up!

Ingredients:

1 quart whiskey
3 eggs

Preparation:
1. Drink whiskey.
2. Enjoy. (The eggs are just for throwing at stuff when you're drunk.)

Serves: 1 Gawker night editor. 5-10 regular humans.

Whiskey Scrambled Eggs
Best thing ‘bout waking up!

Ingredients:

1 quart whiskey
3 eggs

Preparation:
Drink whiskey.
2. Enjoy. (The eggs are just for throwing at stuff when you're drunk.)

Serves: 1 Gawker night editor. 5-10 regular humans.

lol Sounds like the perfect wake up plan. It would knock you out and you'd be back to bed for the rest of the day!! Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom