5) Cucumber - 1/2
6) Anaheim Pepper - 1/2
7) Garlic, crushed - 4 to 5 tspns.
8) Canadian Bacon - 1 slice
9) Feta cheese - 6 Oz.
10) Cream cheese - 1 to 2 tblspns.
11) Half n half - 1/8 cup
12) Olive oil - 2 to 3 tblspns.
13) Wine, Pinot Noir - 1/4 cup + 4 or more tblspns.
14) Basil - 1 tspn.

NOTE: The above ingredients and amounts will produce two servings.

Procedure:

1) Blend cream cheese, half n half, olive oil, garlic and basil.
2) Dice 1/4 cucumber and stir into the cream.
3) Stir in 2 Oz. feta cheese and the wine.

full.jpg

4) Halve and cross cut the Anaheim pepper.
5) Slice and quarter 1/4 cucumber.
6) Slice onion and halve to create onion strips.
7) Dice tomato and Julienne cut Canadian bacon.

full.jpg

8) Cut breaded chicken patty into cubes.
9) Soak the breaded chicken cubes in 4 or more tblspns. wine.

BreadedChickenCubes.jpg

10) Lay spinach out on a salad plate.
11) Mix Anaheim pepper, onion, cucumber, tomato and Canadian bacon.
12) Lay the mix over the spinach.
13) Layout breaded chicken cubes on the salad base.

full.jpg

14) Drizzle the creamy wine salad dressing over the salad.
15) Serve.

Last edited:
30BC80EB-F55F-4280-8D61-B4C2638A32C8.jpeg

Here is my version of your dressing recipe. Since I was actually making it, I noticed something I hadn’t noticed before. I scaled back the amount of garlic you call for significantly. I don’t know how you could possibly have 4 to 5 tablespoons of garlic without it blowing your head off. I put 1 tablespoon, and it was overpowering. I had to add a little bit extra of everything else to dilute it.

I also wasn’t sure what you meant by “spice” in step one. Since there’s no mention of basil in the recipe, I assumed that was what you meant.

I also decided to finely chop the feta cheese, since it helped incorporate it with the liquid ingredients.

The final verdict? This is good. I think that the dressing works best when incorporated with other ingredients that you show on your plate, as opposed to using it as a dip: the garlic is still too much. I think I will want to try this recipe again, but maybe with a teaspoon of garlic.

now, great news: I had a grilled chicken on pita bread with hummus and garlic paste, with pickles, and I dipped it in the dressing. It works beautifully with Middle Eastern flavors.

Last edited:
View attachment 57632

Here is my version of your dressing recipe. Since I was actually making it, I noticed something I hadn’t noticed before. I scaled back the amount of garlic you call for significantly. I don’t know how you could possibly have 4 to 5 tablespoons of garlic without it blowing your head off. I put 1 tablespoon, and it was overpowering. I had to add a little bit extra of everything else to dilute it.

I also wasn’t sure what you meant by “spice” in step one. Since there’s no mention of basil in the recipe, I assumed that was what you meant.

I also decided to finely chop the feta cheese, since it helped incorporate it with the liquid ingredients.

The final verdict? This is good. I think that the dressing works best when incorporated with other ingredients that you show on your plate, as opposed to using it as a dip: the garlic is still too much. I think I will want to try this recipe again, but maybe with a teaspoon of garlic.

now, great news: I had a grilled chicken on pita bread with hummus and garlic paste, with pickles, and I dipped it in the dressing. It works beautifully with Middle Eastern flavors.

I love garlic. I used a bottled Christopher Ranch garlic and you are correct, there is a typo or two in the recipe which I have corrected. It should be 4 to 5 tspns., not tblspns. Also, basil is the only spice, so it should be just basil and not the ambiguous spice.

I will correct the typos.

BTW: Hey, it's wonderful to see that you felt inspired enough to try this. This salad dressing truly is a tasty one and I had not thought to use it as a dip. But yes, it does go better with something breaded, like the chicken patties I used. I tried it with just a salad without the breaded chicken and it was still great, but lost something without the breaded chicken.

Last edited:
I've never come across using wine in a dressing before - and believe me I'm well read in culinary terms! Most so called 'wine' dressings are made with wine vinegar which is more acidic but less strong in taste. Interesting...

Back
Top Bottom