Recipe Brussels Sprouts with Pecans & Honey

karadekoolaid

Legendary Member
Local time
10:17 AM
I love Brussels Sprouts, and they go well with all sorts of nuts - chestnuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, etc. However, on this occasion I had some chopped pecans available, so that´s what I used.
Ingredients
200 gms Brussels Sprouts, outer leaves removed
50 - 70 gms pecans, either whole or broken up
Butter - the real thing - and as much as you like.
3 tbsps honey
salt & pepper
Method
  1. Cook the Brussels in boiling salted water for about 15 minutes, until just tender. (Do NOT cook them to death; they should be green, not grey.) Drain.
  2. Melt the butter in a saucepan/skillet/what ever you prefer and, when the butter begins to sizzle, add the pecans. Lower the heat to medium and brown the pecans ( yes, I know, they´re already brown, so give them a suntan) for about 4-5 minutes.
  3. Add the Brussels to the pan and cook gently for a few minutes, salt and pepper, until the Brussels have absorbed some of the butter.
  4. Just before serving, add the honey. It will sizzle - mix it around and serve, otherwise you´ll have caramel.
You can use chestnuts ( in which case, you need to cook them first); walnuts, Macadamia nuts, hazelnuts. You could also put some diced bacon in the butter if you wish.
The perfect side for a Christmas Turkey - or what ever you´re cooking at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom