My husband prefers fishburgers so for him it's
sesame bun
mild mustard
fish patty
ravigotte sauce
pickles
sesame bun

I shall take some pictures next time :wink:

I don't think I have a favorite burger, but like most things, I prefer simple (these are all beef burgers):

1. Mayo, ketchup, pickle, American cheese
2. Mustard, onion, American cheese
3. Caramelized onion, Swiss cheese
4. Thick onion, thick tomato, mayo, cheddar
5. Garlic-herb cream cheese
6. Red sauce, mozzarella cheese

I always prepare my burgers the same. Grilled on the Weber with hickory wood. Once I’m done with that I try to add something a little different. I hate cheese on hamburgers but did find out gouda goes well. As for toppings it’s pretty much a I think I’ll try this approach. Fried onion straws were a pleasant surprise. Tried peanut butter but I wouldn’t do that again

When I was a kid and buying school cafeteria lunches, I loved pizza burger day. Bun, beef burger, red sauce, and mozzarella. I still make those from time to time.

I scored some kimchi this week (no mean feat, here in Central Mexico). Made Korean kimchi pork burgers....simple recipe. Finely chopped a bit of the kimchi and mixed it into the ground pork before forming patties. Grilled the burgers then topped with kimchi and doused with gojuchang sauce.

My favorite burger:

Lettuce wrap (NO BUN)
Ground beef or ground lamb. Or ground pork.
Mix a little salt, pepper and mustard powder into the patty you form yourself. Maybe some garlic powder.
Grill or skillet (depending on what the weather is up to, and how much time you have.)
Cook immediately. Flip when appropriate. I like mine medium rare if I have the opportunity to use locally-farmed, just one animal's meat in the burger. I tend to avoid burgers if that's not an option... Ground pork would be cooked longer, and would likely have a different seasoning profile (the mustard, plus ground fennel, sage, ground pepper, etc.)
Top with a melty cheese before you stop cooking. Cover so this melts. Not American "cheeze".
Remove and eat with that lettuce wrap, with the following condiments:

A thin slice of onion.​
Dijon mustard.​
Fresh summertime local (not cardboard) heirloom tomato slice.​
Optionally, slices of unsweetened dill pickle. k​
I've also made some very likeable veggie burgers, which won't remotely taste like beef or meat.

I seriously dislike ketchup (sugary!) and I only like mayo on things served cold.

I like classic burger the most. Lightly mix 6 ounces ground beef chuck with a big pinch of kosher salt. Form into a ball, then into a 3/4-inch-thick patty; make an indentation in the center. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat; sprinkle the skillet with salt. Cook the burger 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve on a soft bun.

Back
Top Bottom