Building a Burger

Watching this weekend Formula 1 at COTA in Texas with buddies and I'm making burgers, can't wait. I'm going to do a 60/40 chuck/brisket mix this time. I love love love a good burger. :woot:

None of this chopped onion pieces that drop all over the place, not in your life, it will be a nice big thick slice of white onion, and there will be cheese, yes some cheese......my juices are flowing now. :dance:

But seriously, we're all looking forward to burgers this weekend, can't wait.

And here I am, 200 miles from COTA, and still can't afford to go. :(

CD

Let´s face it - there´s nothing like building a burger for the masses...
When my sons were still here, they´d invite 20 friends over for burgers ( we´ve got a BIG grill outside). I remember one birthday party where we did about 50-60. ALL the extras were there, and that meant lettuce, tomato, raw onions, pickled onions, caramelized onions, cucumber, blue cheese, cheese slices, crispy bacon, blood sausage, home-made pickles, mayo, hot mustard, German mustard, ballpark mustard, ranch dressing, ketchup, banana ketchup, and my own Volcanic Hot Sauce. The kids had great fun ( along a with a few bottles of rum and cases of beer!) and never left a thing, except the ashes on the grill. We used charcoal, mostly, but sometimes, I´d throw some mango branches on there, which was great!
Ahhhhh, those were the days!!

Let me know when you are doing this again :)

Russ

Whenever I see pictures of McDonald's stuff I think "I don't want my burger to look like that!"
1646311680824.png

Burgers are one of my favorite meals. You can do so much with it. @Yorky your pork burger looked fantastic (minus the ketchup).
I didn't know you didn't like ketchup! Is that just on burgers, or on anything?

Back
Top Bottom