Building a Sandwich

My favorite sandwich is a once a year treat. It is the after T-Day dinner sandwich. It is eaten after you wake up from the after T-Day dinner nap. Two pieces of white sandwich bread, the matching sides slathered in mayo, a massive mound of roast or smoked turkey, a good sized mound of stuffing/dressing, several slices of jellied cranberry, S&P.

I've been known to have one or two with Cold Duck to wash them down. Where is that picture of the squirrel in the bird feeder, in a food coma when you need it!:eek:

Last edited:
Are you picky about how your sandwich is built? I am.

This is not an easy question to answer as I take in a great deal of variety when it comes to sandwiches. It's easier to say what I don't like ... mushy white bread. If I go for more loaf bread, make it at least wheat, if not something like rye or multigrain.

When it comes to sandwich content, that is an equally unanswerable question. I like a good burger, a cheeseburger, a lambburger, ham and cheese, breakfast ham-egg-cheese, tuna salad, bacon and cheese, peanut butter, bumstead special, sub sandwich, lobster roll, cold cuts, torta, pita bread, gyro, openface, SOS (Sh t on a shingle or chipped beef on toast), steak sandwich, Vienna Sausage's Italian roast beef, calzone, empanada, ... and so much more. There are certainly sandwiches out there that I have never heard of before too.

I have some ingredient leftovers from my last big seafood concoction that I posted the recipe for here and will be making a sandwich from that. Sandwiches are often on the spot inventions.

I don't know whether you remember Blondie and Dagwood Bumstead from the TV serial, long ago, but it relates to Dagwood's sandwich fix'n.

A Dagwood special or Bumstead special is a type of Hero or Submarine sandwich that is piled high with cold cuts, lettuce, tomato, onions, sprouts and either mustard or oil and vinegar. You can't open your mouth wide enough to bite into it sanely. It's an amazing engineering feat and tastes damn good.

:unsure: not ringing any bells - but I'm English, don't forget!

A US comic book character dating back to the early '30s.

8408240578_3353f63327_b.jpg

Followed by a TV series. The best are the original black and white episodes.

Back
Top Bottom