Building a Sandwich

Never really looked where it was from, but I seriously doubt it is imported.
I googled:
Muenster or munster is a semi-soft cheese from the United States. It is thought to be an imitation of the Alsatian washed-rind Munster cheese, introduced by German immigrants.
and
Muenster usually has a very mild flavor and smooth, soft texture. In some cases, when properly aged, it can develop a strong flavor with a pungent aroma
So it is a different thing - although based on the same root as the Alsace one I love, which can be bought here at Pong Cheese!
https://www.pongcheese.co.uk/buy/munster-jacques-hennart-a-o-c/

I found this fish and chip sarnie image in my archives:

fish and chips sarnie s.jpg

I found this fish and chip sarnie image in my archives:

View attachment 14207

Oh, wow. :thumbsup:

How do you make your batter? What fish do you use? Do you double cook your chips? It would be lovely to compare recipes. I'll type mine up when I'm at my desk.

I love home made fish and chips. We usually have them with mushy peas and onion rings.

Last edited:
7 times out of 10 I'll eat them with mushy peas (and pickled onions if I remember).

fishchipsmushies.jpg

I've tried parboiling the potatoes first and also double frying the chips but have concluded that the potatoes that we have here are better soaked in ice water for at least 30 minutes (preferably longer) and then thoroughly dried before cooking in the deep fry at around 180 degC.

cooking chips s.jpg

For the fish batter (which my wife makes), I use tempora flour, a little bi-carb and lager beer, that's it.

cod cut 2s.jpg

[Edit: Forgot: I let the batter stand for 30 minutes or more in the fridge]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom