Recipe cheesy chocolate mousse

valedevento

Veteran
Local time
10:57 AM
I love chocolate and I have made chocolate mousse many times, but this is a variation with cream cheese that I really enjoy and want to share here. As always with chocolate recipes it is important to use a good quality chocolate with at least 40% cocoa solids.

Ingredients:
- 200 g dark chocolate, cut in small pieces or chocolate drops for easy melting
- 100 g sugar
- 250 g cream cheese
- 250 g whipping cream

Directions:
Take a heatproof bowl and add the chocolate, put it on top of a pan with a little bit of boiling water and melt the chocolate. Add the sugar and cream cheese, stir well. In another bowl, whip the cream until smooth and soft peaks, fold gently under the chocolate-cheese mixture. Put in cups or glasses and let the mousse set in the fridge for a few hours.

It sounds good, but it sounds really rich. I almost don't know if chocolate mousse really needs it. I kind of like it on the light side. I suppose it depends on the occasion. Thanks for the recipe.

Sounds good as I like chocolate related cakes myself. The thing is the most chocolate cakes I have made have been from a box. I made one yesterday and it was a fail in my mind as it did not rise in the middle but everyone is eating it so why complain. Thanks for the tip the about quality cocoa being 40% or more.

Back
Top Bottom