Recipe Coconut panko crusted fish with key lime butter sauce

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:42 AM
I'm going to go ahead and post the recipe but I'm not going to get to make it before the challenge ends unfortunately so no picture. My inspiration for this was a recipe posted on a local grocery store's ad but I'm making some big changes.

Serves 2

2 (around 6 oz each) white fish fillets (such as snapper, cod, rockfish, hogfish)
2 Tbsp flour
6 tsp key lime zest (or Persian lime zest), divided
1/8 to 1/4 tsp hot chilie pepper powder (like cayenne, ghost pepper, scorpion, habanero, etc) to your taste
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut milk, divided
1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs, fairly fine texture
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
4 Tbsp Key lime juice (or Persian lime juice)
2 Tbsp sliced green onions
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Thaw fish if needed.

Combine 5 tsp lime zest and hot pepper powder. Mix flour, pinch of salt and pepper, and 1-1/4 tsp lime zest/hot pepper powder mix in shallow bowl. Place 1/4 cup coconut milk in second shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs, 1-1/4 tsp lime zest/pepper mix, pinch of salt and pepper, and shredded coconut in third shallow bowl.

Heat oil in medium sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Pat fish dry with clean paper towels, season with 1-1/2 tsp zest/hot pepper mix plus salt and pepper to taste. Dredge fish in flour, dip in coconut milk, then coat evenly with bread crumb mixture, pressing with fingers to adhere.

Place fish in oil, fry, turning once, until coating is golden and flesh flakes easily. Time will depend on thickness of fish. Remove from pan and drain.

Meanwhile, cut butter into small cubes. Place remaining lime zest, 1 tsp, in small saucepan with lime juice on medium-low and bring to a simmer. Add butter 2 pieces at a time, whisking constantly, until melted and blended. Remove pan from heat and whisk in remaining 2 Tbsp coconut milk, remaining seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve fish with sauce and green onions.

I'm going to make jasmine coconut rice with remaining coconut milk and chicken or vege broth plus some of whichever ground hot pepper I use plus stir in more zest and sliced green onions after cooking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom