Coffee, tea, something else?

I’m a coffee addicted. I can’t help having my coffee made with Moka pot in the morning, just like now. It’s also a mental habit that starts from the need of its comforting aroma in the kitchen that invades my home.
I also like tea ( no milk added if rarely, never sugar).

I’m a coffee addicted. I can’t help having my coffee made with Moka pot in the morning, just like now. It’s also a mental habit that starts from the need of its comforting aroma in the kitchen that invades my home.
I also like tea ( no milk added if rarely, never sugar).

View attachment 75480
I've always had a question, never having used one of those...how long do you let that boil when you're making coffee that way?

The closest I've got experience with that is the old office giant percolators, but those had a light on them that would come on when they were done.

In the spirit of this topic (which is a grand one, BTW), I've bumped up my loose-leaf cuppa to this morning:

Water on the boil, everything prepped (hot water in the pot, cup, and glass measure):

This spoon was a stocking stuffer (along with some tea and a tea basket*) last year from my wife:

Steeping the leaves for four minutes (with a makeshift lid and a towel to provide a little heat retention):

Ready for straining:

This is a vanilla cream Earl Grey, so there's a little sugar in there to bring out the vanilla - nice color:

...and a little half-n-half to accentuate the cream flavor:

*regarding tea baskets/balls - I'm a firm believer that tea leaves need room to expand in order to get the full flavor out of them, so even though I have a couple baskets and balls (that also just made me giggle), I don't use them. I like my tea leaves to swim!

In the spirit of this topic (which is a grand one, BTW), I've bumped up my loose-lead cuppa to this morning:

Water on the boil, everything prepped (hot water in the pot, cup, and glass measure):
View attachment 75504

This spoon was a stocking stuffer (along with some tea and a tea basket*) last year from my wife:
View attachment 75505

Steeping the leaves for four minutes (with a makeshift lid and a towel to provide a little heat retention):
View attachment 75506

Ready for straining:
View attachment 75507

This is a vanilla cream Earl Grey, so there's a little sugar in there to bring out the vanilla - nice color:
View attachment 75508

View attachment 75509

*regarding tea baskets/balls - I'm a firm believer that tea leaves need room to expand in order to get the full flavor out of them, so even though I have a couple baskets and balls (that also just made me giggle), I don't use them. I like my tea leaves to swim!
I love it!

I love coffee but I love tea more. I usually have 2-3 big Tumbler of tea every day. I prefer loose teas over the tea bags. That reminds me. I need to get some more tea. Coffee - flavored coffee creamer,and stevia (now just stevia) tea just stevia

Regarding French presses...I do like that they make a nice cup of coffee, but I hate cleaning them.

I've tried the pour-over coffees that are all the rage now - not impressed. I couldn't tell much difference.

Regarding French presses...I do like that they make a nice cup of coffee, but I hate cleaning them.

I've tried the pour-over coffees that are all the rage now - not impressed. I couldn't tell much difference.
Pour-over is a bit of snobbery, I admit, but the premise of ensuring that all coffee grounds get adequate hot water is a sound idea.
French Press gets the same job done and you don't have to stand over it for 5 minutes 😅

I enjoy a China tea after a Chinese meal, but I´ve been gifted some "special" Chinese teas - Angel Tea, Pu-Ehr tea - and I can´t see what the big deal is - which probably means I´ve no idea of the tea culture they have in China.
Thank goodness for diversity.:happy::happy:
I may not be qualified to remark on Chinese tea culture, but I have a few observations from my month in China:
  • Cold beverages were not big in some of the places I visited, heck I think only the tourists had ice in their water hah!
  • Tea was served with every meal, there is a belief that tea (like Oolong) aides in digestion.
  • Tea in China is also the cornerstone of their herbal medicine values, a different variety for different purposes (so many varieties!)

In the spirit of this topic (which is a grand one, BTW), I've bumped up my loose-leaf cuppa to this morning:

View attachment 75504

View attachment 75505

View attachment 75506

Ready for straining:
View attachment 75507

View attachment 75508

View attachment 75509

Love your teapot, simple but beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom