Coffee, tea, something else?

She did recognize that I spoiled her with the chocolate shavings. :laugh:

She's had a rough few days. I think she's finally realizing that the remnants of her stroke, coupled with normal aging, is making it harder and harder to do her job, mentally, and she's struggling with having to give it up once and for all.

So she got chocolate shavings on her boozy cocoa. :wink:
I'm sorry, I didn't know she had a stroke. I am sure you probably posted about it somewhere but I didn't read that thread :(

I'm sorry, I didn't know she had a stroke. I am sure you probably posted about it somewhere but I didn't read that thread :(
Not to derail too much, but yeah, that was in 2013, which ended her 9-to-5 ability to work, so that's when she became self-employed, because she can work when she's having a good day and take it easy when she's not. To round it all out, she also has a chronic autoimmune disorder (becoming more and more common these days), and a heart attack a few years ago. One or two more things and she'll get her frequent customer card punched for a free meal in the hospital cafeteria. :laugh:

Now...back to the hot drinks...glühwein on the schedule for tomorrow!

Heating up the glühwein:

41F (so maybe 5C) and whizzing down rain...sounds like a coffee morning to me:

That's not actual Harrod's coffee, I'm just reusing that canister.

What kind today?
You know...I couldn't even tell you. Nothing flavored, that's for sure. Just some standard ground coffee.

We're meant to have Irish coffees tonight, but then MrsT remembered she has minor surgery tomorrow, so she's skipping the booze today, even though they didn't give her that as a pre-surgery instruction, and in spite of me pointing out that in the old days, you were supposed to get liquored up before surgery! :laugh:

You know...I couldn't even tell you. Nothing flavored, that's for sure. Just some standard ground coffee.

We're meant to have Irish coffees tonight, but then MrsT remembered she has minor surgery tomorrow, so she's skipping the booze today, even though they didn't give her that as a pre-surgery instruction, and in spite of me pointing out that in the old days, you were supposed to get liquored up before surgery! :laugh:
Well I doubt one Irish coffee would have any kind of impact, but alcohol is a blood thinner, so maybe 3-4 would be a bad idea. Not to mention if it's caffeinated she won't sleep well. Not to say that she will sleep well anyway being tense about the surgery. Maybe you should give her a footrub before bed.

Well I doubt one Irish coffee would have any kind of impact
That's what I think.

alcohol is a blood thinner, so maybe 3-4 would be a bad idea
That's true.

Not to mention if it's caffeinated she won't sleep well
She definitely can't handle the caffeine.

Not to say that she will sleep well anyway being tense about the surgery
You're right about that.

Maybe you should give her a footrub before bed
Say what now? 🤨

Back in the Old West, whiskey was your anesthesia.

CD

Trying out the F&M afternoon tea blend we just got (and out of Harrod's coffee cups, no less!):

Back
Top Bottom