Cold Cuts for Everybody

What about rillettes to serve at lunch when I was showing off to friends I would use to spoons and form quenelle's. Not a cold cut maybe a cold fork.
Wild pigs are so common and destructive here they a nearly classed as vermin. I put some garlic, seasoning, duck legs and cubed boar shoulder in the slow cooker(no liquid ). Take the bones out of the duck then shred with forks. The legs produce enough fat to get a good set rillette.
1606460068921.png
1606460089122.png
1606460116000.png

epicuric One of my crazy Idea's that I will make next month and is unbelievable delicious is line your tin with hot water crust, make the rilette as above and take the meat out and shred, lightly pack the shredded meat in. Finish the pie with a stock hole.Bake quickly as the meat is cooked . Emulsify the fat and stock with a stick blender and pour in the hole when the pie has cooled a bit. Leave in the pantry for a day to develop. Can you taste it mate ? Morning Glory is that fusion cooking or wot.

I can BB, I really can. Have you made this before, or is this true pie pioneering?
Yes mate I'm pietistically devoted to the head of my church Pope Simple Simon who met the pieman, Going to the fair; Says Simple Simon to the pieman, Let me taste your ware. Said the pieman to Simple Simon you may taste my pies but keep your hand off my wife Doris Ware.

Here's a cold cut specialty that hasn't been mentioned in this thread ...

Leberkäse

While I'm not a big fan of liver, this item sounds very delectable.

1920px-Leberk%C3%A4se-1.jpg

Photo link, courtesy of Wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom