Contentious thread, Herb and Spice racks, like fancy Olive oil and Balsamic vinegar bottles

Here's mine:

This was a wedding gift 30+ years ago, and on top of that, I actually like it quite a bit, so I don't want to get rid of it. Right now, it's looking for a home, because it got evicted by the pegboard I just put up.

or mebbe tongue through cheek....
bits are however very true. I know people with kitchens that cost more than my house which sit unused - except when they get a private chef to come in to cater/cook. multiple double door sub Zero refrigerators - standing empty, commercial model gas stoves with grills & woks, three dishwashers, warming drawers,,,,, etc etc etc.
anything that costs the most.
and they don't cook.....

Here's mine:

This was a wedding gift 30+ years ago, and on top of that, I actually like it quite a bit, so I don't want to get rid of it. Right now, it's looking for a home, because it got evicted by the pegboard I just put up.
I think there is a fair bit of tongue in cheek in this thread. Not to be taken too seriously...

I've got both a spice rack and a pull out larder containing herbs/spices. Plus various other spices in odd places! The problem with spice racks is that they tend to be made to hold the tiny supermarket jars. If you are a serious cook you realise that its much much cheaper to buy the herbs and spices in larger packets.
That's the way I took it - tongue in cheek.

@Tasty, I love the spice rack. I wouldn't want to get rid of it either and my spice organization looks similar to Burt's picture in his first post 🤣🤣

The problem with spice racks is that they tend to be made to hold the tiny supermarket jars. If you are a serious cook you realise that its much much cheaper to buy the herbs and spices in larger packets.

I built my own rack, and made it to hold the big containers. The only thing I would change is to have a few shorter shelves for small spice containers. I could get more of my spices and herbs on the rack, so they would all be in one place.

CD

Back
Top Bottom