Recipe Dairy Free Chocolate Cake

I googled a slightly different set of ingredients (but equally seemingly OK!) for Nesquick:

Ingredients:
Sugar, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder (21%), Dextrose, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin, Vitamins: Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Thiamin Hydrochloride (Thiamin), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Minerals: Magnesium Carbonate, Ferric Pyrophosphate (Iron), Zinc Sulphate, Salt, Natural Flavouring
Allergy Information: Free From: Gluten
Additives: Free From Artificial Colours, Free From Artificial Sweeteners, Free From Artificial Flavours, Free From Artificial Preservatives
Slightly different set, and too many unknowns for my liking
Per 100mg
Energy - Calories unknown
Energy - kilojoules 1582 kJ
Protein 5 g, Carbohydrates 79.6g, Sugars 75.6g, Sucrose unknown, Glucose unknown, Fructose unknown,
Lactose unknown, Maltose unknown, maltodextrins unknown, Starch unknown, Polyols unknown, Lipids 3g, acid
Saturated Fat 1.5g,
butyric acid unknown, acid caproic unknown,Caprylic acid unknown, Capric acid unknown, lauric acid
unknown, myristic acid unknown, palmitic acid unknown, stearic acid unknown, acid Monounsaturated unknown,
acid Polyunsaturated fat unknown, fatty acids Omega 3 unknown, alpha-linolenic acid/ALA unknown, Eicosapentaenoic
acid/EPA unknown, Docosahexaenoic Acid/DHA unknown, fatty acids Omega 6 unknown, linoleic acid unknown,
acid arachidonic/AA or ARA unknown, fatty acids Omega 9 unknown, oleic acid unknown, Sodium 160mg, either equity
Salt 403.2mg, Alcohol 0g, Water unknown, Fibres 6.5g, Minerals, Magnesium 255mg, Phosphorus 160mg, Potassium 748mg,
Calcium unknown, Manganese unknown, Iron 18mg, Copper unknown, Zinc 7.6mg, Selenium unknown, Iodine unknown
Vitamins: Vitamin A - Beta Carotene unknown, Vitamin A - Retinol unknown, Vitamin D/cholecalciferol 11mcg, Vitamin
E / tocopherol unknown, Vitamin K unknown( Vitamin K1 unknown, Vitamin K2 unknown), Vitamin C/ascorbic acid 68mg,
Vitamin B1/thiamine 0.7mg, Vitamin B2/riboflavin unknown, Vitamin B3/Niacin PP unknown, Vitamin B5/pantothenic acid unknown,
Vitamin B6/pyridoxine unknown, Vitamin B9/folic acid unknown, Vitamin B12/cobalamin unknown,

Nice to know they know there's no alcohol, but worrying that its unknown if there's any water in it!

Last edited:
Slightly different set, and too many unknowns for my liking
Per 100mg <SNIPPED>
Nice to know they know there's no alcohol, but worrying that its unknown if there's any water in it!
Where on earth did you get this? Everything is unknown. I feel a bit like that sometimes. Well, most of the time. Off to bed...

Where on earth did you get this? Everything is unknown. I feel a bit like that sometimes. Well, most of the time. Off to bed...
Swiss Nestle site!
They're not all unknowns.

The edit was to remove an also and put acid in bold

Protein 5 g, Carbohydrates 79.6g, Sugars 75.6g, Sucrose unknown, Glucose unknown, Fructose unknown,
Lactose unknown, Maltose unknown, maltodextrins unknown, Starch unknown, Polyols unknown, Lipids 3g, acid
So on a dairy free product, the amount of lactose is unknown... :scratchhead:

Any left?

This heat is not encouraging being in the kitchen and since I had to come here after 25years to realize my kitchen is in a hot spot I am thinking I am going to have to stop cooking period until the cooler months. Every week I am talking about baking and the only thing that's baking is me with the hot sun. The real baking keeps getting put on the back burner.

This heat is not encouraging being in the kitchen and since I had to come here after 25years to realize my kitchen is in a hot spot I am thinking I am going to have to stop cooking period until the cooler months. Every week I am talking about baking and the only thing that's baking is me with the hot sun. The real baking keeps getting put on the back burner.

Its hard for me to imagine this kind of heat. It about 18C (65F) here and lots of cloud. Cool enough to wear a jacket. Does it get any cooler at night? If it does, you could become a nocturnal baker!

Done slow then!

Its hard for me to imagine this kind of heat. It about 18C (65F) here and lots of cloud. Cool enough to wear a jacket. Does it get any cooler at night? If it does, you could become a nocturnal baker!

I've mostly baked on a Sunday night late. Tried it one or two evenings so I guess I am the nocturnal baker.I like the sound of that. I am nocturnal period. Some might like this weather if they are picking up a tan on the beach although I see some serious sunburn in that, but it's crazy. Outside of summer when we get this kind of unexplained heat, it usually means some sort of bad weather is on the horizon. I was thinking to try the microwave mug thing just to get cracking. This morning I am feeling a little breeze blowing through the window so that is a great sign.

I've mostly baked on a Sunday night late. Tried it one or two evenings so I guess I am the nocturnal baker.I like the sound of that. I am nocturnal period. Some might like this weather if they are picking up a tan on the beach although I see some serious sunburn in that, but it's crazy. Outside of summer when we get this kind of unexplained heat, it usually means some sort of bad weather is on the horizon. I was thinking to try the microwave mug thing just to get cracking. This morning I am feeling a little breeze blowing through the window so that is a great sign.

I think the microwave mug thing is just that... for mugs! Do proper baking. I know you can, @winterybella.

I think the microwave mug thing is just that... for mugs! Do proper baking. I know you can, @winterybella.
Cup  Cake.jpg

Back
Top Bottom