Dish of the month: Croquettes (any shape!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been able to patty and shape eggs into a ball and fry them without breaking the yolk?

Has anyone here ever breaded and deep fried an egg? Seems like I saw that somewhere, would love to know how that's done.

Edited to add: I just looked it up and found it:
I think I would have had a runny yolk when I made mine if I had deep fried it instead of using an air fryer:

51f184eb-3378-4cb0-893f-8cdec76477b9-jpeg.jpg

I poached it first, but the air frying process was so slow that it cooked the inside. Still delicious, but not as pretty as having a runny yolk.

Yep, there's a technique of cracking an egg into a deep-fryer and quickly wrapping the white around yolk, sort of like poaching an egg, but in hot oil instead of boiling water.
It'd be better if you breaded it and fried it first.

:laugh: I'm guessing folks in Tampa feel exactly the same way about your opinion of them! :laugh:

Damn, I can't believe I'm defending Tampa... 🤔 😬

So there might be a reason for calling it the armpit. Some countries and states have boots, some have panhandles, looks like Florida has an armpit. With hair. And it is true that Hillsboro County has the worst (or close to the worst) air quality in the entire state and it's the lightning capital of the world, I believe.

1596490790079.png

But were you calling TR a woman or just insulting his woman (if she was born in Ohio)?
MrsTasty is a native New Yorker. Being a permanent resident of Florida, I'm betting CraigC has nothing but good things to say about folks from NY. :)

It can be done but not with raw eggs. I have some pics somewhere of some I did. You need to soft boil and shell the egg first.
Yes, that's what I found out when I googled it. Sounds like it might be a tad difficult.

:laugh: I'm guessing folks in Tampa feel exactly the same way about your opinion of them! :laugh:

Damn, I can't believe I'm defending Tampa... 🤔 😬

Yep, there's a technique of cracking an egg into a deep-fryer and quickly wrapping the white around yolk, sort of like poaching an egg, but in hot oil instead of boiling water.

This I am interested in as I have a very old recipe for something similar.

I'm not a fan of hush puppies. At any rate, I did have a jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese and served with raspberry jam once. It was breaded and fried. it was good, but not something I would go out of my way to procure, much less cook myself. I hate frying things. I wonder if a Chile Relleno qualifies as a croquette? If so I have eaten hundreds! :laugh:

Have you ever had a hushpuppy? That's basically a croquette. A crab cake would be a form of croquette, too. Crab balls are smaller, rounded crab cakes, and would make a good croquette entry.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom