Dish of the month (February 2022): Meatloaf (including plant based)

Starting on my ham loaf:

Would you believe that I was carrying the mixing bowl, with what I estimate was about 2-1/2 lbs of meat and , and dropped the whole 🤬 thing on the floor? :eek:

I guessed I lost about a half-pound of meat mixture, so I had to employ some higher math and reduce the amount of wet ingredients accordingly, so we’ll see how it goes.

Here it is on the way to the oven:

That’s sort of football-shaped…

Would you believe that I was carrying the mixing bowl, with what I estimate was about 2-1/2 lbs of meat and , and dropped the whole 🤬 thing on the floor? :eek:

I guessed I lost about a half-pound of meat mixture, so I had to employ some higher math and reduce the amount of wet ingredients accordingly, so we’ll see how it goes.

Here it is on the way to the oven:
View attachment 80929
Now with this auspicious day upon us you really can pass it around the table :whistling:

Tennessee Pride is good Sausage. I haven't found it in the stores in chubb form the last couple times I have looked for it. They had the frozen sausage biscuits, but not the raw sausage. I'm hoping it is just another supply chain glitch.

CD
My favorite of that type is Purnell’s smokehouse sausage. I can find it at exactly one Meijer in my area, so when I’m in that neighborhood, I stock up.

Walmart

Crikey! How did you manage that. Were you distracted?

No its not. That is a rugby ball.

Hey - wasn't this meatloaf event you are entering later in February? Maybe I am wrong. But if not, I hope it keeps well.

No its not. That is a rugby ball.

Hey - wasn't this meatloaf event you are entering later in February? Maybe I am wrong. But if not, I hope it keeps well.

...I just looked it up. The cook-off you are entering is not until the 26th Feb. Is the meatloaf you made a rehearsal?

A combination of greasy pork hands, a slippery glass mixing bowl, and three mimosas.

No, this wouldn’t fly for that. This is ham loaf, not meatloaf, even though it’s meat in the form of a loaf.

You should make some kind of laces for it. Perhaps some zucchini strips.

CD
I already have that covered. You shall see…

...I just looked it up. The cook-off you are entering is not until the 26th Feb. Is the meatloaf you made a rehearsal?
This one is purely for my friends at CB!

I guessed I lost about a half-pound of meat mixture...

So it is now a Tom Brady football -- somewhat deflated. :laugh:

If you are not a Mercan, Deflategate - Wikipedia .

CD

Back
Top Bottom