Dishwasher/washing Habits

We hand wash because we simply don't use many dishes anymore. However, we have never put the expensive knives or cast iron pans or the non stainless entirely pans in the dishwasher.

Well I'll be dagummed! He flies!

It was me suggested it - not easy to move the relevant posts and retain the sense. Well done TastyReuben!
Thanks.

I'll admit, I dragged my feet a little, and I ended up having to move something like three pages of posts...from my phone, which is really tedious.

By the end, I was thinking, "Will these people ever shut up about their 🤬 dishwashers!" :laugh:

Thanks.

I'll admit, I dragged my feet a little, and I ended up having to move something like three pages of posts...from my phone, which is really tedious.

By the end, I was thinking, "Will these people ever shut up about their 🤬 dishwashers!" :laugh:
Were you talking to yourself as well? :eek:

We run ours every 3 or 4 days...it depends on what we've run out of. Ideally we try to get it as full as possible, and we always use the eco programme. We have solar panels so we try to run it when the sun's shining rather than overnight.

I read an article that said we should all get in the shower, turn it on (forget how cold that is), get wet all over, shut it off, lather up and wash, then turn it back on to rinse, and I thought, "If that's what it takes to save the planet, then I reckon we're doomed, because I'm sure as hell not doing that!" :laugh:
Hubby calls them a "navy shower" and its exactly how we shower in the motorhome, though we do let the water warm up first! Its not as bad as it sounds really and its amazing how little water you use.

My primary reason for a Bosch is that I have an open kitchen, right next to the living room. When my Bosch is running, I can't hear it from 3 feet away, let alone in the next room.
We have a kitchen-diner so we also wanted a quiet one - that's why I waited 8 months for our new Neff one to be delivered last year (Covid supply chain issues) and didn't take any of the suggested alternatives. It was totally worth it....you could hear our old cheapo dishwasher from upstairs if the kitchen door was open, the new one you struggle to hear it stood next to it. When I installed it you could tell the quality difference just from the solid way it was built and the weight of the machine in comparison to the old one I'd just taken out.

My primary reason for a Bosch is that I have an open kitchen, right next to the living room. When my Bosch is running, I can't hear it from 3 feet away, let alone in the next room.

Mine is 21 years old this month. I can put liquor glasses in it now. :wink:

CD
Well, if and when this current machine fails, I will consider getting a Bosch. Although the current one isn't annoyingly noisy.

Well, if and when this current machine fails, I will consider getting a Bosch. Although the current one isn't annoyingly noisy.
Yeah my whirlpool isn't loud. I generally run it at night before bed, definitely can't hear it from the bedroom.

I never run the dishwasher, clothes washer or dryer when we are in bed or not home. I learned the hard way when the plumbing clogged up and the clothes washer overflowed and ruined the floors in the house. My hairdresser's grandfather nearly died in a house fire caused by his dryer that he turned on before he went to bed. It may sound over cautious, I never run the dishwasher, clothes washer or dryer during sleep hours or when we are not home.

I never run the dishwasher, clothes washer or dryer when we are in bed or not home. I learned the hard way when the plumbing clogged up and the clothes washer overflowed and ruined the floors in the house. My hairdresser's grandfather nearly died in a house fire caused by his dryer that he turned on before he went to bed. It may sound over cautious, I never run the dishwasher, clothes washer or dryer during sleep hours or when we are not home.

No plugs left in here, wife thinks being plugged in still uses power, without it switched on !!
Shes a nazi about plugs.

Russ

No plugs left in here, wife thinks being plugged in still uses power, without it switched on !!
Shes a nazi about plugs.

Russ
Here, they do, because our plugs don't have switches, but I'll be damned if I'm running around unplugging everything day in and day out.

I don't run anything that heats up when we aren't at home or sleeping. A firefighter once told me that a huge portion of house fires are from the dryer or a space heater. He also said to clean your lint filter every time you run your dryer and if you use dryer sheets to scrub it every so often because a film will build up and clog the mesh holes.

Back
Top Bottom