Do you ever make vegan meals?

Yes, only ever eating vegan, sorry that wasn't clear.

Yeah - I would personally find it difficult as I love oysters and eggs. Cheese I could probably live without. Bacon I can live without. Fish I could probably live without. Maybe I could be someone who doesn't eat anything with eyes. Is there a word for that?

Yeah - I would personally find it difficult as I love oysters and eggs. Cheese I could probably live without. Bacon I can live without. Fish I could probably live without. Maybe I could be someone who doesn't eat anything with eyes. Is there a word for that?
Yeah, I pretty much like most animal based foods and don't have any ethical reasons not to eat them. For the last few decades I've involved myself almost exclusively with small farm operations who devote themselves to responsible farming practices that supply probably 75% of my products, which include all plant based products as well.

Ovo-tarian (vegetarian who eats only eggs)
Lacto-tarian (vegetarian who uses dairy but not cheese or eggs)
Flexigan (part time vegan)
Flexitarian (part time vegetarian)
Pesco-tarian (someone who eats fish and is vegetarian)
Pollo-tarian (someone who eats chicken and is vegetarian)
Vegetarian (someone who eats dairy, eggs and milk but no meat or fish)
Veggan (someone who is vegan and eats eggs)
Seagan (someone who eats fish but is otherwise vegan)
Vegan (someone who abstains from all animal products)

Ovo-tarian (vegetarian who eats only eggs)
Lacto-tarian (vegetarian who uses dairy but not cheese or eggs)
Flexigan (part time vegan)
Flexitarian (part time vegetarian)
Pesco-tarian (someone who eats fish and is vegetarian)
Pollo-tarian (someone who eats chicken and is vegetarian)
Vegetarian (someone who eats dairy, eggs and milk but no meat or fish)
Veggan (someone who is vegan and eats eggs)
Seagan (someone who eats fish but is otherwise vegan)
Vegan (someone who abstains from all animal products)
I think I categorise as a Beerotarian.:hyper::hyper::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Personally I don't have a clue what a "vegan meal" is.

They didn't have them when I was younger.

When I was at Uni, meals in Hall were meat & 2 veg. I was basically a fussy beggar, so I said I was vegetarian. Much easier, although hard-boiled eggs with marmite spread over them was never going to rate as a gourmet experience.

One thing which is very important.If you decide to go Vegan or Vegetarian, please, please study the ramifications before you do so. Our bodies require vitamins, minerals, protein, fats, water, and carbohydrates. You can get all of those from vegetables, but if you don´t eat pulses, lentils, beans - you´re going to be in trouble. It´s imperative to know how to balance your diet - just make sure you know about it before you start.

So I make vegetarian samosas served with cucumber rhaita and tamarind chutney.
Are the condiments vegan? Or the samosas?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom