Do you ever make vegan meals?

Yeah Hindu vegetarians & vegans often don't eat alliums, it's a requirement for the Brahmin ( priest class). Hindus from other classes do often eat alliums, but not always.

They use asafoetida instead

One of my little things I enjoy doing during the season of Lent is to eat pork every Friday. That way, I am breaking Catholic, Jewish and Islamic rules all with one meal. I'm such a smarta$$. :whistling:

CD

I don't think it's as obvious as you believe it to be. Sugar can contain bone char which I'm sure can be problematic considering the amount of products that contain sugar. Sugarcane I'm referring to.

Fair enough. Yes there are 'hidden' processes in some foods which might seem vegan. My point was that the rule is a simple one. Unravelling the processes and ingredients of pre-made products is sometimes not so easy.

Ovo-tarian (vegetarian who eats only eggs)
Lacto-tarian (vegetarian who uses dairy but not cheese or eggs)
Flexigan (part time vegan)
Flexitarian (part time vegetarian)
Pesco-tarian (someone who eats fish and is vegetarian)
Pollo-tarian (someone who eats chicken and is vegetarian)
Vegetarian (someone who eats dairy, eggs and milk but no meat or fish)
Veggan (someone who is vegan and eats eggs)
Seagan (someone who eats fish but is otherwise vegan)
Vegan (someone who abstains from all animal products)
And beegan or began- will eat honey or bee pollen but no other animal products.

Last edited:
My claim to fame was making a full vegan Christmas dinner with two nut roasts and onion sauce with all the vegetables cooked in a variety of ways. I have to admit to taking advice from my youngest daughter's mother in law who owns the Voltaire Vegan Restaurant in Bangor.

Sooooo, you wanted to make sure you didn't have a house full of guests for Christmas? :D

CD :whistling:

I make vegan meals on the rare occasion, though make or order vegetarian meals several times a month. When we order pizza, mine is vegetarian 99% of the time.

I would make more vegan meals, but the ones I've made all seem to require a whole lot more prep and work, and I'm just not that into cooking anymore.

I've never made a vegan meal, but I had made an entirely vegan dessert (once) for a CB recipe challenge:
Recipe - Almond Milk-Chocolate Pudding Pie with Faux Graham Cracker Crust

That started with a vegan almond milk that I made from scratch and involved using the residual leftover almond pulp into an almond meal, which made a mock graham cracker crust. Then I used the almond milk to make a vegan chocolate pudding and some homemade almond butter mousse for another layer. It was really, really good but it was a lot of work. Oh, it was also gluten-free!

I will make vegetarian meals occasionally and I am primarily a pescatarian. I do eat meat but that's mostly because of my husband and we eat seafood at least 3 days a week and otherwise it's mostly chicken. If I was alone I would eat nothing but fish, grains, vegetables, eggs, and dairy.

I've been mostly vegetarian all my life, although I love fish/seafood, mostly when I'm out to dinner. I've probably prepared lots of vegan food, but never conciously ; ie. I've never said to myself "let's prepare a vegan meal".

I've been mostly vegetarian all my life, although I love fish/seafood, mostly when I'm out to dinner. I've probably prepared lots of vegan food, but never conciously ; ie. I've never said to myself "let's prepare a vegan meal".

I love vegetables, when they are in season. I can easily make a meal out of vegetables, if I have good, in-season ingredients. I have probably made a vegan meal (or close to it) on occasion, purely by accident. But, there are so many vegan rules, I can't say for sure.

CD

Back
Top Bottom