Do you have weird dreams?

I wish dreaming worked the way it did on TV shows I watched when I was young. For example, on Gilligan's Island, they'd have Gilligan thinking about something as he drifted off to sleep, and invariably he'd dream about that.

I have never had an experience like that. My dreams are always completely out of nowhere. You'd think, if I had a lot of anxiety about something, that I'd have bad dreams (even if they aren't literally about that). But, no.

Every so often, I dream about being in a city that I've never visited. Then, sometimes, I have a sense of deja vu when I'm in a new city. I like to think that my dreams are predicting the future in this case. But, sometimes the dreams are weird enough that I hope they AREN'T what's in my future.

My dreams are random, too. And, I very, very rarely have a nightmare. I have some negative dreams, but not scary. I have some reoccurring themes, but many of my dreams leave me wondering, "Where the $^#& did that come from," when I wake up. :scratchhead:

CD

He would have been 80 years old yesterday.

I was just about to get something from the slim pickings, when a particularly abrasive manager from a far corner shouted, "Reuben! Get me a glass of Vail! With plenty of ice and cream!"

Is wine with ice and cream a 'thing' or is it a dream construction? Sounds very weird. However, you know how you said that MrsT always found fault with things when eating out...

Is wine with ice and cream a 'thing' or is it a dream construction? Sounds very weird. However, you know how you said that MrsT always found fault with things when eating out...
It's something purely from my dream.

Another detail - the woman who yelled that at me isn't a person from my job IRL. It's campaign season here, so we're inundated with election ads 24/7, and a common technique is to find an unflattering photo or still of an opponent, then make the photo black & white and grainy, and maybe accentuate some unfavorable characteristics to make them look shady and untrustworthy and all that.

There's an ad running now for a candidate for the House Of Representatives, and she's fairly bony and tall, and the negative ads are presenting her in such a way as to make her look like some kind of insect-witch-hag thing - bugged her eyes out a little, sharpened her chin a little, hunched her over a little...that's who was bossin' me around in my dream!

It's something purely from my dream.

Another detail - the woman who yelled that at me isn't a person from my job IRL. It's campaign season here, so we're inundated with election ads 24/7, and a common technique is to find an unflattering photo or still of an opponent, then make the photo black & white and grainy, and maybe accentuate some unfavorable characteristics to make them look shady and untrustworthy and all that.

There's an ad running now for a candidate for the House Of Representatives, and she's fairly bony and tall, and the negative ads are presenting her in such a way as to make her look like some kind of insect-witch-hag thing - bugged her eyes out a little, sharpened her chin a little, hunched her over a little...that's who was bossin' me around in my dream!
Lately, a lot of people are desperate for entertainment. I think you could make quite a good amount of money if there were a way to live stream your weird dreams. I’d pay for it.

Lately, a lot of people are desperate for entertainment. I think you could make quite a good amount of money if there were a way to live stream your weird dreams. I’d pay for it.
The funny thing was, I was mad at myself in my dream, and I woke up mad at myself, and the last thought I had in my head in the dream was the first thought I had in my head when I woke up, which was, "Reuben! Don't let that pinch-faced twit tell you what to do! You don't work for her! Tell her to f*** off!"

I was mad I woke up before I got around to doing that. :laugh:

Out of curiosity, a friend who went to Peru brought me these dolls (not these, the photo is from google). They're called worry dolls I think, she was told you should put them under your pillow and you will never have bad dreams again. I had a nightmare on the very first night I slept with the dolls under my pillow, put them away somewhere the following morning and after that I lost them.
1602451424333.png

Out of curiosity, a friend who went to Peru brought me these dolls (not these, the photo is from google). They're called worry dolls I think, she was told you should put them under your pillow and you will never have bad dreams again. I had a nightmare on the very first night I slept with the dolls under my pillow, put them away somewhere the following morning and after that I lost them.
View attachment 48079
I think those are called worry dolls because you stick one under your pillow, and you'll be worried they're going to come to life and kill you in your sleep! :eek:

Did you dream someone was suffocating you with a pillow? :wink:

CD

I still didn't exclude the possibility that the dolls are something like Chucky, maybe they come alive and they're in my house somewhere still coming alive every night when I sleep. That would explain so much...
You need to see the movie "Trilogy Of Terror," from 1975, starring Karen Black.

I was walking past the lounge the other day when I heard my wife scream don't do it. Didn't take much notice but then she yelled don't do it you stupid bitch. She was watching tv, I said what are you watching? She said our wedding video!!

Russ

That's funny. Now, on this side of divorce, my dream job is to be a wedding crasher. I would have an invisible plane like Wonder Woman and just go around the world crashing weddings. LOL P.S. No offense to all the decent men out there.

View attachment 48079

I can't say that I blame you. Those dolls look creepy. I have some kind of phobia about dolls with painted faces. Too many scary movies when I was a kid, I guess. LOL No offense intended.

Back
Top Bottom