Do you have weird dreams?

I didn't read all the responses so my apologies if this is a repeat. I've always heard that dreams are how the subconscious mind "processes" information in a "safe space." Basically, every part of the dream is a representation of YOU and helps you to work it out through dream interpretation. I don't write down my dreams anymore as I can usually tell what message is being relayed. When I did,

I found this site to be useful. Your Online Source For Dream Interpretations

Last edited:
That's funny. Now, on this side of divorce, my dream job is to be a wedding crasher. I would have an invisible plane like Wonder Woman and just go around the world crashing weddings. LOL P.S. No offense to all the decent men out there.

There's a lid for every pot!! Lol.

Russ

I didn't read all the responses so my apologies if this is a repeat. I've always heard that dreams are how the subconscious mind "processes" information in a "safe space." Basically, every part of the dream is a representation of YOU and helps you to work it out through dream interpretation. I don't write down my dreams anymore as I can usually tell what message is being relayed. When I did,

I found this site to be useful. Your Online Source For Dream Interpretations

There are certain universal dream themes that are supposed to mean something, such as suddenly finding yourself underdressed, or even naked, in the workplace. That is supposed to mean that you are feeling unprepared for something at work. I don't know, maybe.

I do have one reoccurring dream theme that I know means something, and I know what it is. It's too personal to go into.

But, I dream A LOT, and many of those dreams I write off to my brain having fun while I sleep. No meaning at all.

It is funny how, if you are looking for a bathroom in a dream, and can't find one, you wake up to discover that you need to pee. :laugh:

CD

You do not need to see "Trilogy Of Terror," from 1975 with Karen Black.

Thanks for the warning. ;-0

I have a valid reason! Years ago, when I was just a little girl, my mother and some of her sisters wanted to go to the drive-in. I had a fever so she couldn't leave me with the sitter. I was in the backseat getting sick while having to hear "The Omen" over the speakers and that was on top of my mother and aunts screaming like hyenas. To this day, "The Shining" is about as scary as I can manage. LOL

Ok, I'll point out I was watching that crazy cake TV show before we went to bed, where the cakes are more like sculptures than actual cake.

Ok, here goes:

First off, in my dream last night, Morning Glory and I are together, as a couple, but settle down, we're just at the grocery store doing some shopping. I realize this has now turned into a nightmare for MG, and I apologize for that, but it is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyhoo, we're at the big supermarket, and I've gone off to grab some stuff on my own, and I've come back to find MG in mid-conversation with a very tall, broad-shouldered, virile man, and they're talking about...TV subscription packages!

To be clear, he's not a salesman, just another shopper who's someone struck up a conversation with MG, condescendingly explaining that she's paying too much for her TV programming, and what she needs to do is listen to him, because he's got it all figured out and knows what's best for her. He even called her "little lady." When I walked up, she was actually handing him a pen and slip of paper to write the information down! :eek:

At one point, I interrupted him and said, "That all sounds fine, but part of the problem is, that would require we get rid of our over-the-air antenna."

And then he went cuckoo.

"Well, why do you even have an OTA antennae?! All that gets you is a bunch of fake news from the lamestream media against our wonderful President Trump!"

I looked past his shoulder at MG and made a "he's crazy" face and we both slipped out of there.

Don't worry, I'm getting to the cake.

Later, we were pushing our trolley through the store, and MG said, "You know, he was talking to me, and all I heard was one thing."

"I know exactly what you heard," I teased, "You heard that it was cheaper!"

"You're right. I'm always trying to save money."

At that moment, we wheeled by the in-store bakery, and right there in the middle of it all were about a dozen bakers, furiously working on a giant cake of...the crazy TV guy, from the waist up, shirt off, muscular chest, arms like a great ape, gazing out magnificently over the whole of the store, like one of those big Egyptian pharaohs from ancient history. There were even bakers up on scaffolding putting ropes of black licorice in for chest hairs!

And that was that.

Ok, I'll point out I was watching that crazy cake TV show before we went to bed, where the cakes are more like sculptures than actual cake.

Ok, here goes:

First off, in my dream last night, Morning Glory and I are together, as a couple, but settle down, we're just at the grocery store doing some shopping. I realize this has now turned into a nightmare for MG, and I apologize for that, but it is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyhoo, we're at the big supermarket, and I've gone off to grab some stuff on my own, and I've come back to find MG in mid-conversation with a very tall, broad-shouldered, virile man, and they're talking about...TV subscription packages!

To be clear, he's not a salesman, just another shopper who's someone struck up a conversation with MG, condescendingly explaining that she's paying too much for her TV programming, and what she needs to do is listen to him, because he's got it all figured out and knows what's best for her. He even called her "little lady." When I walked up, she was actually handing him a pen and slip of paper to write the information down! :eek:

At one point, I interrupted him and said, "That all sounds fine, but part of the problem is, that would require we get rid of our over-the-air antenna."

And then he went cuckoo.

"Well, why do you even have an OTA antennae?! All that gets you is a bunch of fake news from the lamestream media against our wonderful President Trump!"

I looked past his shoulder at MG and made a "he's crazy" face and we both slipped out of there.

Later, we were pushing our trolley through the store, and MG said, "You know, he was talking to me, and all I heard was one thing."

At that moment, we wheeled by the in-store bakery, and right there in the middle of it all were about a dozen bakers, furiously working on a giant cake of...the crazy TV guy, from the waist up, shirt off, muscular chest, arms like a great ape, gazing out magnificently over the whole of the store, like one of those big Egyptian pharaohs from ancient history. There were even bakers up on scaffolding putting ropes of black licorice in for chest hairs!

And that was that.
You could at least have had the decency to let Morning Glory enjoy the company of the muscular TV guy, sans shirt!

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
You could at least have had the decency to let Morning Glory enjoy the company of the muscular TV guy, sans shirt!
That was weird, too. We walked right by it and saw it, but in the dream, it was like, "Well, of course there's a 50-ft cake sculpture of the nutjob we were just taking to," like it was completely normal. :laugh:

Ok, here goes:

And then he went cuckoo.

And that was that.

I don't even want to speculate about the meaning of this dream!

I read TastyReuben's post and was waiting to see what you thought about it.

There is *supposedly* a phenomena called "shared dreams" or "mutual dreams" in which two people dream about each other at the same time (while asleep, of course).

I have most of it worked out.

The cake sculpture - that's obviously from having watched the cake show on TV just before turning in for the night.

The grocery store/shopping - I think that's because I'd just told MrsT, before going to bed, that I'd likely be shopping the next day (today).

For the pro-Trump aspect, I'd also just checked one of the nutty extreme-right websites for my occasional dose of crazy, so that's where that came from.

As to your presence...work with me here - but I'd also just been on CB and had earlier read the exchange between you and caseydog, regarding you (not) being a figure of authority and CD generously saying you were welcome in his house anytime, and that, possibly, in my mind, cast you in a more...personal/familial light.

I think after that analysis, I can just skip school and hang up my therapist shingle and start taking patients!

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd

There is *supposedly* a phenomena called "shared dreams" or "mutual dreams" in which two people dream about each other at the same time (while asleep, of course).
That would mean MG was dreaming at about 9:30AM her time, I'd guess.

Unless...unless...this is all a dream and that was reality, and right now, I'm standing in MG's (our) kitchen, overcooking some scrambled eggs for her! 😱 😏

That would mean MG was dreaming at about 9:30AM her time, I'd guess.

I was up by then.

I did once have a dream about a colleague at work. He was outside in a garden with his kids and there was a black and white dog jumping on a trampoline. A bit odd but nothing exceptional. Out of curiosity I asked him if he had a dog or a trampoline. I was quite taken aback when he described his dog which was exactly like the one in the dream. He also said he had recently bought a trampoline for the kids. And then he said that the previous day (it had been a Sunday) he and his kids had been in the garden. The kids were bouncing on the trampoline and the dog got very excited and had tried to jump on to join them. :ohmy:

Have you ever had 1 of those nights when you can't settle because you don't know what to do with your limbs :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom