Do you still use your bread maker?

I used to use my bread maker but then I tried to make my own bread and it's much tastier so now when I make bread, I do it in a regular oven:)

No, not anymore. Sadly I have no more time to bake my own bread so I have to buy mine from the supermarket, loafed and packaged. I would get some from my local bakers but we don't have that in my city. :(

No, not anymore. Sadly I have no more time to bake my own bread so I have to buy mine from the supermarket, loafed and packaged. I would get some from my local bakers but we don't have that in my city. :(

Bread in the stores is so bloody expensive these days!. And some of the things that you have at home are already there, so it would be kind of silly not to take advantage of them! :wink:

For breadsticks, you can only make the dough in the machine. You have to finish the breadsticks by hand.
That's what I thought. Do you think its worth using a bread machine if you then take it out and shape and cook it by hand? I'd have thought it easier to do all by hand in that case. The bread maker is great if you don't want to touch the dough or get surfaces messy. But as soon as you mix it up with hand techniques it doesn't seem to me to be worth it. I mean, what is the advantage?

That's what I thought. Do you think its worth using a bread machine if you then take it out and shape and cook it by hand? I'd have thought it easier to do all by hand in that case. The bread maker is great if you don't want to touch the dough or get surfaces messy. But as soon as you mix it up with hand techniques it doesn't seem to me to be worth it. I mean, what is the advantage?

Think of it THIS way;

It is almost as though you were using a stand mixer & a dough hook to make dough, knowing that you have to take it out of the work bowl when it is made and finish it by hand.

The bread machine is designed to give consumers that advantage to use, if they so choose to. I've always done it from start to finish in the bread machine, since I'm usually making a loaf or bread. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom