Do you use this lot?

That seems a lot of salt! Completely foxed by this unless its a manufactured food. However, a quick search reveals that cranberries have 2mg per 100g and coconut has 20mg.
Could it be cranberries?
Salty cranberries? Seriously 2,599mg salt content. I am thinking fish but then you look at the sugar content which is 19g per 100g and that is sweet compared to the fruit we had before so must be something like sweet and salty popcorn (cinema popcorn?) Or the likes. Another thought was a breakfast cereal like special k but I am out all day so can't pursue that line of enquiry!

I can't find any fruit or vegetables that contain anywhere near this amount of salt. The highest salt content I could find was in celery and spinach (about 80mg per 100g). The highest fruits was passion fruit (28mg per 100g). So, I'm having to conclude that unless my research is inadequate or there is a typo in the question, this is not a fruit or vegetable.:scratchhead:

I can't find any fruit or vegetables that contain anywhere near this amount of salt. The highest salt content I could find was in celery and spinach (about 80mg per 100g). The highest fruits was passion fruit (28mg per 100g). So, I'm having to conclude that unless my research is inadequate or there is a typo in the question, this is not a fruit or vegetable.:scratchhead:
hence why I was thinking meat or even fish, but then there is a significant quantity of sugar as well, so unless it is something like one of those cycling gels I can't think what else it could be.

Mind you if I add everything up now, there is more than 100g of stuff per 100g :scratchhead:

Aqua <94.5g, Carbohydrate: 19.2 g, fat, total 0.4g, Protein, total 1.3g, Alcohol 0g,
Carbohydrate Components: Fibre, Total 1.2g, Organic Acids, total 0.7g, Sugar Alcohols 0g,
Starch, total 0g, Sugars: total 19.2g, (Fructose 3.8g, Glucose 4.3g, Lactose 0g, Maltose 0g,
sucrose 11.1g), Polysaccharides, Non-Cellulosic, Water-Soluble 0.4g, Fibre, Water-Insoluble 0.8g,
Fatty acids: total 0.1g, Polyunsaturated < 0.1g, Monounsaturated cis < 0.1g, Saturated < 0.1g,
n-3 Polyunsaturated <0.1g, n-6 Polyunsaturated <0.1g, 18:2 cis,cis n-6 (Linoleic Acid) 46.653mg,
18:3 n-3 (Alpha-Linolenic Acid) 15.551mg, 20:5 n-3(EPA) 0mg, 22:6 n-3 (DHA) 0mg, Cholesterol
(GC)0.4mg, Sterols, total 8.9mg, Minerals: Calcium 28mg, Iron 1mg, Iodide (Iodine)45µg,
Potassium 400mg, Magnesium 18.0mg, Sodium 1020mg, Salt 2599mg, Phosphorus 40mg,
Selenium 0.6µg, Zinc 0.2mg, Nitrogen Components: Tryptophan 16mg, Vitamins: Folate
(HPLC)5µg, Niacin Equivalents 0.9mg, Niacin, preformed (Nicotinic Acid + Nicotinamide) 0.6mg,
Riboflavine, 0.16mg, Thiamin 0.24mg, Cobalamin 0µg, Ascorbic Acid 8.0mg, Retinol Activity
Equivalents 425.6µg, Carotenoids, total, 15447.6µg, Ergocalciferol 0µg, Alphatocopherol
2.3mg, Phytomenadione, total, 6.00µg
Per 100g

hence why I was thinking meat or even fish, but then there is a significant quantity of sugar as well, so unless it is something like one of those cycling gels I can't think what else it could be.
Even fish doesn't have that much salt. Average fish is about 80mg per 100g. I think it must be typo. Please clarify @classic33!

Even fish doesn't have that much salt. Average fish is about 80mg per 100g. I think it must be typo. Please clarify @classic33!
I have checked, figure is correct.
Aqua content may now have put the amount over the 100mg figure. Amount given is the upper limit.

Back
Top Bottom