Do you use this lot?

Mentioned in a recipe, recently posted. Comes in packets & bottles

I really do hate you @classic33. I'm very grumpy as it is, due to a new puppy who is worse than all the babies I've had, put together (that would be four). I think I must be misunderstanding the salt content.

Salt content in grams, is 2.599g(@2.6g). Just been to the cupboard and checked some of it, and its correct.

2.599mg!!! Then why does your quiz question say (as @SatNavSaysStraightOn points out), 2599mg?
2,599 Milligrams = 2.599 grams
untitled.JPG

I'm just wondering how salty it actually is. I'm not questioning the salt content don't get me wrong, but another thread had me wondering if there was and if so how much there was of sugar in bran flakes and I was surprised to see 1.0g of dealt per 100g bran flakes... Mind you I was very surprised to find out Kellogg's bran flakes are not vegan only vegetarian! That really did surprise me!

Sainsbury's own sweet and salty popcorn has 0.97g salt per 100g and 31.7g sugars!
Tesco's own sweet and salty popcorn has 1.5g salt per 100g and 15.1g sugars.

So it is salty and got a very high water contents but not that much sugar really.

Random idea: A Low fat Cheese Sauce?

Sorry. I'm losing the plot and getting myself confused so I tried to edit my last post (unsuccessfully). I blame the puppy entirely.

So....this product has 2.599g (2599mg) of salt per 100g. Fish has on approximately 0.065g (65mg) of salt per 100g, (although it varies depending on the fish). Salted peanuts have approx.1.3g (1300mg) of salt per 100g. So this product is twice as salty as salted peanuts and forty times saltier than fish.

If I'm still not understanding I'll throw in the towel.:cry:

Sorry. I'm losing the plot and getting myself confused so I tried to edit my last post (unsuccessfully). I blame the puppy entirely.

So....this product has 2.599g (2599mg) of salt per 100g. Fish has on approximately 0.065g (65mg) of salt per 100g, (although it varies depending on the fish). Salted peanuts have approx.1.3g (1300mg) of salt per 100g. So this product is twice as salty as salted peanuts and forty times saltier than fish.

If I'm still not understanding I'll throw in the towel.:cry:
Someone did say.....
Far too easy @classic33, except for the slightly ambiguous pics (the yellow squash and the cucumber/courgette). Lets ramp it up...

Back
Top Bottom