Easter 2023

The menu for our Easter brunch:
FB_IMG_1680092518076.jpg

Crisp roll with egg salad & a crisp roll with beef carpaccio, a pancake with mascarpone and berry compote, a boiled egg, cheese scone with salmon, chicken wrap, omelet roll with spinach, lemon cake, eggnog pavlova & fresh orange juice .
All this times 2 because it's for 2.

The menu for our Easter brunch:
View attachment 97988
Crisp roll with egg salad & a crisp roll with beef carpaccio, a pancake with mascarpone and berry compote, a boiled egg, cheese scone with salmon, chicken wrap, omelet roll with spinach, lemon cake, eggnog pavlova & fresh orange juice .
All this times 2 because it's for 2.

It sounds interesting and rather light and elegant. Lots of eggs!

Ok, my Easter menu is set:

Champagne cocktails
CCOP*
Pastel deviled eggs
Honey-glazed ham
Hash brown casserole
Roasted herbed carrots
Amish cauliflower-broccoli salad
Hot cross buns

One change - Easter afternoon tea has been scrapped, but we’ll be doing a KC3 coronation afternoon tea next month.

*Cheese, crackers, olives, and pickles

Speaking of Hash Brown Casserole ... TastyReuben I made your version of the Copycat Cracker Barrel recipe, oh.my.GAWD!!!
When I first mixed all of the ingredients in a large bowl, I thought, Man-that's gonna be alot, maybe I should divvy it up.
IMG_2786.JPG

I baked it til bubbling and then tucked them under the broiler for a few to brown a bit.
Sprinkled about 1 1/2 cups worth of shredded Colby of the tops evenly, broiler again just to melt the cheese.
IMG_2789.JPG

I've already eaten half of this one!
I need some Bacon & Eggs along side ... dinner maybe?
That is stinkin' delicious!
< edit - I WAS going to sharing the two other pans with my Gal Pals - NO! :laugh: >

Last edited:
TastyReuben I have another so-called Copycat recipe, but it called for Sour Cream, and I just can't say that I've ever tasted any Sour Cream when dining at Cracker Barrel.
I did up the Cheese to 3 cups divided, 1/2 in the mix and 1/2 on top.
DH saw what went into this dish so he won't go near it!

I have another so-called Copycat recipe, but it called for Sour Cream, and I just can't say that I've ever tasted any Sour Cream when dining at Cracker Barrel.
My niece worked at Cracker Barrel while she was going to university - she confirms the no sour cream recipe. :wink:

I usually go bananas at Easter, a vast spread of food revolving around lamb of course and most of the trimmings you traditionally find with a good Christmas dinner.

I have more Easter decorations than I dare admit 😆 so some of those will definitely be out. Especially the peter Rabbit table cloth, the miniature revolving tree with the pretty glass egg decorations, enormous paper sunflowers, the multicoloured feathered chicken, the glass Bon Bon chook, the Bunny door wreath, the Easter bunting and of course the Easter crackers.
My husband thinks I’m mad as a hatter 😆

I have more Easter decorations than I dare admit 😆 so some of those will definitely be out. Especially the peter Rabbit table cloth, the miniature revolving tree with the pretty glass egg decorations, enormous paper sunflowers, the multicoloured feathered chicken, the glass Bon Bon chook, the Bunny door wreath, the Easter bunting and of course the Easter crackers.
My husband thinks I’m mad as a hatter 😆

:ohmy: You are mad as a hatter indeed - you and TastyReuben who also does an Easter tree.

Back
Top Bottom