Easter 2023

Speaking of Hash Brown Casserole ... TastyReuben I made your version of the Copycat Cracker Barrel recipe, oh.my.GAWD!!!
When I first mixed all of the ingredients in a large bowl, I thought, Man-that's gonna be alot, maybe I should divvy it up.
View attachment 98304
I baked it til bubbling and then tucked them under the broiler for a few to brown a bit.
Sprinkled about 1 1/2 cups worth of shredded Colby of the tops evenly, broiler again just to melt the cheese.
View attachment 98305
I've already eaten half of this one!
I need some Bacon & Eggs along side ... dinner maybe?
That is stinkin' delicious!
< edit - I WAS going to sharing the two other pans with my Gal Pals - NO! :laugh: >
I missed the recipe. Can you post a link please.

It's JUST like the one at Cracker Barrel medtran49 - NO LIE! Really good. My Neighborhood Gal Pals each got a small casserole and none of them had ever been to Cracker Barrel but liked it so much they asked for the recipe.

<edit>
IMG_2465.JPG

This is how I ordered it the last time we were there - as a full breakfast casserole with soft scrambled eggs, bacon, fried onions and some diced tomatoes and green onions (I picked those off) - very good and fed me two more times.

It's JUST like the one at Cracker Barrel medtran49 - NO LIE! Really good. My Neighborhood Gal Pals each got a small casserole and none of them had ever been to Cracker Barrel but liked it so much they asked for the recipe.

<edit>
View attachment 98563
This is how I ordered it the last time we were there - as a full breakfast casserole with soft scrambled eggs, bacon, fried onions and some diced tomatoes and green onions (I picked those off) - very good and fed me two more times.

I think you might have meant to direct your post at msmofet . I know this is sacrilegious to some, but I don't like the CB hashbrown casserole at all. DD and oldest DGD love it, but I would much rather have regular hashbrowns or grits.

Remember the dishes that had a ring of indentions for the eggs and then a divided circle compartment in the middle for olives and pickles?
I have one of those somewhere.

Jeezy, aren't you an hour behind us so that it's not even 1 there yet? My, my tasty. Guess it's 5 o'clock somewhere though. :dance:
No, we’re the same TZ (EDT)* but the point is a valid one.

*You do NOT want to know how long it took me to type parentheses and all caps on my phone. Thank god the champagne’s all gone.

Back
Top Bottom