Easter 2023

19 hours of fasting helped make this the best sandwich I've ever eaten in my life lol
Screenshot_20230409-121858.png
PXL_20230409_161419090.jpg

Had to do everything by myself so the table setting isn't beautiful like Tasty's always is. But the brunch was appreciated by everyone so that's what matters.
View attachment 98545View attachment 98546
You just reminded me that I have Boursin in my refrigerator! It's my youngest daughter's favorite so that takes care of the appetizer.🌞

So we had just gotten back from our vacation Monday early evening and hadn't really made a plan for Easter (we didn't get any invites either, LOL). So we thought about grabbing some sushi for today and invited my in-laws and youngest (in-laws said that they already had plans with my stepFIL's daughter and family), but our youngest said she was in (her fiance is busy today). And then we found out that practically everything is closed today. We thought a lot of restaurants other than brunch offerings would likely be closed we were hoping sushi would be different. Not the case. So I figured lamb chops here. But I only had one rack of lamb in my freezer, not enough for the 3 of us, so I went yesterday to try to find a rack of lamb (I butcher them into lamb lollipops and marinade for a quick sear and rest to medium rare) but the two stores I went to were sold out. Meijer's had their black Angus prime rib roasts for $7.99 lb so I bought one of those and put it in marinade last night.

Just got through cleaning the bathrooms and will vacuum shortly, then shower, and then I am going to make a loaf of bread, peel potatoes, and wrap some prosciutto around some asparagus. Keeping it simple overall. It will be nice to spend some time with just our youngest since normally there are a bunch of other people around when we see her. Looking forward to seeing her photos of her trip to Uganda last week!

Happy Easter, everyone!!!

Your deviled eggs definitely beat mine in presentation
Thank you. I presented the best of the bunch, and positioned them strategically. My first time dyeing eggs wasn’t great, but it wasn’t a failure.

The recipe said 1-2 minutes for the dye…that crap took over an hour! 1-2 minutes and they were whiter than me, and that’s saying something, with my Jane Austen-like blue-veined translucent complexion.

I think you might have meant to direct your post at msmofet . I know this is sacrilegious to some, but I don't like the CB hashbrown casserole at all. DD and oldest DGD love it, but I would much rather have regular hashbrowns or grits.
I've never had it so I have no idea.

My husband didn't know he loves grits until recently. He had eaten them years ago and didn't really like them, but I made them cheesy and buttery underneath some over easy eggs with bacon on the side and now he is a fan!

Okay better get to work. My daughter will be here around 6 and we will eat at 7.

Remember the dishes that had a ring of indentions for the eggs and then a divided circle compartment in the middle for olives and pickles?
I've got one of those, LOL. I used to have two but I think one of my kids has the other one.

IMG_2843.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2835.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG
IMG_2832 (2).JPG

Nice spread at Mom's Senior Living Community, they even had Mimosa!
Love the "bunny shaped" napkins on the table. There was Easter Décor through out the complex.
The staff does a great job every single day. They make it feel not so institutional or mundane.

Back
Top Bottom