Easter food

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:07 AM
What food do you eat at Easter? Here, roast lamb is traditional and of course hot cross buns. Easter eggs are popular with the kids - do you still eat Easter eggs? And do you have any special meals planned for Easter?

Today I'm making some hot cross buns.

The only "Traditional" dishes we do are for T-Day. Every other "holiday", it is what ever is on the menu. I may do BBQ for the 4th of July, but it is never the same dish.

Thanksgiving, although we usually do a prime rib and mushroom bread pudding for Christmas, but not always.

OK - I don't do Easter because of religion. Its just an excuse to cook stuff - not that I really need an excuse. Do you have chocolate Easter eggs in the USA? They are a huge thing here.

None of which I like or eat! But hey... :D

Well, sugar eggs are more to look at than eat, unless you like eating straight up sugar!

How-to-make-sugar-eggs-a-vertical-sugar-Easter-egg.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=sug...QsAQIpQE&biw=601&bih=962#imgrc=bWGOZYoZNc5d0M:

They are sugary, marshmallow type candies that originally started out as little yellow or pink chicks for Easter, but have grown into many other colors, animals, and other holiday icon shapes over the years. People even started having contests over who could make the most creative dioramas. They last forever too, kind of like Twinkies; thus, the strontium reference.

peeps-977536d06985662a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom