Easter menus and plans

As you can see, it’s at least a little bit crumbly:
View attachment 111711
Godminster wax their cheddar cheeses.
I wonder as waxing is done for protection if it’s been done on your cheese to extend shelf life and help it stand up to transportation.

I’d imagine no-one bothers to wax crap cheese and it’s probably rather nice?

Godminster wax their cheddar cheeses.
I wonder as waxing is done for protection if it’s been done on your cheese to extend shelf life and help it stand up to transportation.

I’d imagine no-one bothers to wax crap cheese and it’s probably rather nice?
I was reading a little about it (cheddar cheese in general), and there was a period where English cheddars were waxed - not exclusively, of course, but it wasn’t unheard of. Just goes to show, there’s always some kind of exception.

Both MrsT and I liked this quite a bit - it was indeed very creamy, like biting into a very, very solid hunk of butter, and very tangy (to me, as I have a low tolerance for strong cheeses). None of that crystallized hoo-ha, which I can’t abide at all.

Just to add - here, cheddars come in a variety of strengths, from mild, which is barely distinguishable from a mild havarti/butter cheese, to so strong your toenails will fall off, and everything in between.

here, cheddars come in a variety of strengths, from mild, which is barely distinguishable from a mild havarti/butter cheese, to so strong your toenails will fall off, and everything in between.
I'll have to do a little test when I'm next in Ohio. The last time I was there, as I mentioned before, I never found anything that was more than "medium", by British standards. Some of the "milder"ones were just nowhere near Cheddar, but that's my opinion. For me , the stronger the better. I'm a great fan of blue cheese and the softer, stinkier French cheeses.

Same here. I've had a flu of some sort the past week and now husband's coming down with a fever too. Keeping it simple, but we do have something planned:

Breakfast for Easter sunday:
Special Easter orange & chocolate bread
Scrambled eggs on toast
Fresh mixed fruits

Later in the morning coffee and my homemade Easter banana turban cake.

Dinner:
Gado Gado with boiled eggs and tempeh. Because Easter & Eggs belong together.
Get better soon!

Aside from the bits of traditional Easter breakfast, sliced ham, boiled eggs, raddish, bread, we went over for lunch at my parents'. She is 80, and my Dad is 85, so hats down to her coking all of that. My Mom had done chicken Schnitzel, fish sticks, brussel sprouts, and also sides were baked, pickled red peppers and baked potatoes. She served us some store bought cakes, the traditional pinca that she has no longer strength to make, a Kranzl cake and some chocolate covered hearts. It was really good. She had decorated the entry way with some cute plush chicken and we brought a flower arrangement and some chocolate candies for them. My daughter had coloured Easter eggs, so we brought over some. We did have the Easter eggs "fight", partly my Daughter and my Mom were the "winners". We left after about an hour, so that they may rest.

I did not take pictures.

Happy Easter everyone! May Christ's Light take away the darkness.

Easter sweet bread with chocolate and orange from the bakery:
20240401_192243.jpg

20240401_192346.jpg

Back
Top Bottom