Easter menus and plans

Having Easter brunch at my nephew's house. I'm bringing champagne and orange juice for mimosas, smoked salmon dip, deviled eggs, and shrimp cocktail. My youngest daughter and her fiancé are bringing a major charcuterie board. Someone else is bringing a vegan French toast casserole...I've no idea what else will be served.
I'm intrigued by vegan French toast casserole. Of course though I need to remind myself that casserole means different things in the USA and UK. Get some photos if you can.

I'm intrigued by vegan French toast casserole. Of course though I need to remind myself that casserole means different things in the USA and UK. Get some photos if you can.
I'll try. I've no idea what it will look like! I think it will taste good, knowing the person who is bringing it makes good food. Interestingly enough they aren't even vegan!

Looks like our plans have been foiled - husband’s sick. Ah well!
Same here. I've had a flu of some sort the past week and now husband's coming down with a fever too. Keeping it simple, but we do have something planned:

Breakfast for Easter sunday:
Special Easter orange & chocolate bread
Scrambled eggs on toast
Fresh mixed fruits

Later in the morning coffee and my homemade Easter banana turban cake.

Dinner:
Gado Gado with boiled eggs and tempeh. Because Easter & Eggs belong together.

My first attempt with a proper piping bag and decorating tip:

IMG_7923.jpeg

I think some practice is in order. 🫤

I also meant to soak these in beet juice and completely forgot.

My first attempt with a proper piping bag and decorating tip:

View attachment 111662

I think some practice is in order. 🫤

I also meant to soak these in beet juice and completely forgot.
They look a lot better than mine. I just dolloped with a spoon. I will wait to sprinkle with paprika until we get over to my nephew's house. I am using smoked paprika, I tried that a few weeks ago on some deviled eggs and really liked that hint of smoky flavor.

Smooth and creamy? That doesn't sound like a description of English Cheddar...
Maybe English cheddar is like everything else these days, it exists on a spectrum, or…maybe it’s made for the US market (though we do have plenty of hard, crumbly, super-sharp cheddars).

Back
Top Bottom