Easter menus and plans

MrsT has requested boiled cottage ham, cabbage, potatoes, and has agreed to let me throw a few carrots in there for myself.

One pot meal, yes! All that leaves is some sort of dessert to figure out.

Easter; I'm going to be Home Alone. However, that will give me time to prepare some chutney/jam/jellies/ hot sauces and some meals for a friend who doesn't like to cook, but DOES like to eat.
Wife and son are going to England on Tuesday, so my days will be mine.
Plus it's going to give me some time to prepare some peanut butter delights for the challenge...

I miss "Honey Baked Ham Co®" shops - we had one in Southern Arizona and would probably buy at them least two per year, no such thing here in Cowboyville!! I love Ham, good, well prepared Ham-On-The-Bone.
We'll probably go over to my Mother's Senior Living Community Dining Room for Easter Lunch.

SandwichShortOfAPicnic I'm the only person in my extensive family that likes lamb, oh well and my Niece-in-law - that's it!
I'm starting to like the idea of NOT cooking big holiday meals any longer and going over to Mom's dining room! They even include a themed cocktail :cheers:

SandwichShortOfAPicnic I'm the only person in my extensive family that likes lamb, oh well and my Niece-in-law - that's it!
I'm starting to like the idea of NOT cooking big holiday meals any longer and going over to Mom's dining room! They even include a themed cocktail :cheers:
Hmm 🤔 themed cocktail.. you have my interest 😂

SandwichShortOfAPicnic some of them are good and some of them are, shall we say, NOT!!!
IMG_3296.JPG

(Caramel Green Apple Martini - NOPE!)
Octoberfest was beer as was St Patty's Day - other wise we all have learned - BYOB!!! :D

So far no mention of leg of lamb. Is that not the traditional thing in these parts?
Did you read my OP? I LOVE lamb. It is just about every Easter dinner. I buy a butterflied leg of lamb (basically a boneless leg).

Easter Sunday

Dinner:

Lamb
Lamb Pan-Gravy

Mashed Potatoes
Spinach
Asparagus

I got a whole butterflied and rolled leg of lamb. On sale $9.99 a lb. ($5.00 off a lb. ). It was $70.00 for 7 lbs. I’ll cut into 3 pieces. Three lamb meals for three people. I think that’s a good deal.

Marinate lamb with fresh lemon juice and the zest, fresh garlic, S&P, and olive oil. Marinate for an hour. I do a reverse sear. I sear the lamb in my cast iron pan till nice and brown. It gets finished in the oven till internal temp is between 125F -135F. I make the gravy right in the pan with the drippings.

I miss "Honey Baked Ham Co®" shops - we had one in Southern Arizona and would probably buy at them least two per year, no such thing here in Cowboyville!! I love Ham, good, well prepared Ham-On-The-Bone.
We'll probably go over to my Mother's Senior Living Community Dining Room for Easter Lunch.
I used to evaluate their holiday offerings. The reimbursement was up to $75. Unfortunately they discontinued the program. I used to give the ham to friends/family and keep the turkey and sides.

Did you read my OP? I LOVE lamb. It is just about every Easter dinner. I buy a butterflied leg of lamb (basically a boneless leg).

Easter Sunday

Dinner:

Lamb
Lamb Pan-Gravy

Mashed Potatoes
Spinach
Asparagus

I got a whole butterflied and rolled leg of lamb. On sale $9.99 a lb. ($5.00 off a lb. ). It was $70.00 for 7 lbs. I’ll cut into 3 pieces. Three lamb meals for three people. I think that’s a good deal.

Marinate lamb with fresh lemon juice and the zest, fresh garlic, S&P, and olive oil. Marinate for an hour. I do a reverse sear. I sear the lamb in my cast iron pan till nice and brown. It gets finished in the oven till internal temp is between 125F -135F. I make the gravy right in the pan with the drippings.
Ah soz. I did read your post but somehow my eyes skipped over the lamb part. Nothing to do with the second extra large night cap I was having, no nothing at all 😆

Back
Top Bottom