Easter menus and plans

As you can see, it’s at least a little bit crumbly:
IMG_7928.jpeg

maybe it’s made for the US market (though we do have plenty of hard, crumbly, super-sharp cheddars).
I think you've probably hit the nail on the head there. the times I've been in Cinci, I've always been disappointed with the Cheddar. The last time I was there, I bought Australian Cheddar. The Vermont and Wisconsin Cheddars were good, but nowhere near the piquancy of the English. A good Cheddar needs to be aged for at least a year; I wonder whether that might be an issue, or simply that US milk is sweeter.
I have the same issue with the soft, French-style cheeses. Far too much cream, not enought piquancy.

I'm intrigued by vegan French toast casserole. Of course though I need to remind myself that casserole means different things in the USA and UK. Get some photos if you can.
I had left my phone in the car up until half of everything was consumed but I took a closeup of what was left:
20240331_123939.jpg
It had blended banana, coconut milk, vanilla, and sugar and was topped with pecans. It was good.

I topped mine with yogurt, honey, and fruit:
20240331_125708.jpg

Is that lamb?
Soz late reply wasn’t convinced it was lamb due to its size.
Was sold it as Lamb. Paid lamb prices. Got it in the pan and thought unless this lambs from Chernobyl it can’t be lamb it’s too big to be a lambs leg. It has to be.. mutton.

I checked it after 10 hours slow cooking and it still felt quite bouncy, then 12 hours still bouncy. It took 16 hours to tenderise. So it was mutton. I will be having a word with the butcher, but it was delicious and at least I figured out in time it was probably mutton!

Back
Top Bottom