Ever boiled your rice like pasta?

Short or long grained commercial rice that is rather neutral in flavor. If it's not basmati, jasmine, imperial, sushi, wild rice, brown rice, or a specialty rice, it's just your basic white rice...I could call it mundane, boring, LOL. But I still like it.

It must be some sort of rice I suppose. Not sure what that would be here.

It must be some sort of rice I suppose. Not sure what that would be here.
I dunno, it's sold as "white rice" and sometimes it has long grain attached to it, sometimes short grain, but most of the time I think it's long grain. There are different brands, like Mahatma.

White rice - Wikipedia

"White rice is milled rice that has had its husk, bran, and germ removed. This alters the flavor, texture and appearance of the rice and helps prevent spoilage, extend its storage life, and makes it easier to digest. After milling (hulling), the rice is polished, resulting in a seed with a bright, white, shiny appearance."

1660419796478.png

My method is one cup of water to one cup of rice in the rice cooker (the cup comes with the rice or there are indications on the inside of the rice cooker bowl).

I then add about ½ tsp of salt per cup for plain white rice or turmeric, salt, green cardamoms, cloves, bay and cinnamon for yellow aromatic rice, etc.

I then press "Standard Cook" and leave it until it's finished (about 15 minutes).

Once the cooker has progressed to the "Keep Warm" stage, I add a pat of butter, mix it up with a flat rice ladle, close the lid and leave it for at least a further 15 minutes on "Keep Warm".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom