Favorite Movies

Good morning World!

I'm starting with a bad hair day feeling and that means I'm going get this new Wahl hair clipper out for the third time and cut my own hair again, as you can't get haircuts during the pandemic lock downs. I do a good job, but only because I close cut, not quite crew cut, but close. Worse part is the back near the neck.

I'm not sure what "Wasabi" is yet, as I haven't googled for it. But with so much interest, I'll take a look at it.

I like all movie genres.

Well, having said all that, while I reheat that second Breakfast Burrito I made recently, I'll be watching "Aguirre, The Wrath of God" this morning.

Later, after the haircut, I'll use up my last Radicchio salad stuff with a home made Olive Oil and Balsamic Dressing, while watching "Conquest of The Planet of The Apes."

The late nighter will be in the gangster genre - "The Godfather, Part I."

Yeah I actually like gangster thrillers but not every one of them. I am quite selective about any genre.
Some other movies I can recommend are Snatch, and Leon the professional. And if you like Leon then you might also like Wasabi, both starring Jean Reno.
I found some really good movies from the favourite lists of members here :) Some are not easily available for download though.

I've googled "Wasabi" and it seems to be popular. It's actually listed as a Gangster - Comedy. I've added it to my want list.

OK, thanks. It's coming down at 2MB/s. I'll watch it tomorrow.

I'm currently watching "The Kitchen".

I liked this movie and if you haven't seen it before, I think you will too. It's not quite the way Mom applies in the Krays movies - there are two versions of "The Krays."

Not sure what do you mean with 'these kind of comedies' :scratchhead:
I suppose you have seen it...?

Situation Comedies is I suppose, the word for them. I used to like them, but they have fallen out of favor for comedies that are really another genre with humor poked in. For example, I recently watched "Paint Your Wagon" which is a Western-Musical-Comedy. "Mash" and "Catch-22" are War-Comedy. "The Mexican" was a Crime-Romance-Comedy. I can handle comedy better when its a feature of some other genre. Outright comedies are less appealing. That's just me.

The Dick Van-Dyke Show, All In The Family and others that used to appeal, just don't make it with me any more.

Situation Comedies is I suppose, the word for them. I used to like them, but they have fallen out of favor for comedies that are really another genre with humor poked in. For example, I recently watched "Paint Your Wagon" which is a Western-Musical-Comedy. "Mash" and "Catch-22" are War-Comedy. "The Mexican" was a Crime-Romance-Comedy. I can handle comedy better when its a feature of some other genre. Outright comedies are less appealing. That's just me.

The Dick Van-Dyke Show, All In The Family and others that used to appeal, just don't make it with me any more.
I too like it when it's comedy + another genre. Sports, thriller, war, anything except horror.

It's quite far away from the situation comedy genre you're referring to in this film, which is bittersweet but with great actors like Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh, just to name a few.
It is somewhat reminiscent of the film 'The Big Chill' in which friends meet again after years because of an unpleasant event that has happened or is about to happen and in the meantime the events of everyone getting back together again with their own problems or old grudges follow each other in a funny and rapid succession.

In The Big Chill it was the funeral of a friend, in this one Peter's friends have been sent by him to his house to spend the Christmas holidays but they are unaware of the real reason which will be discovered at the end.
If I may, I'd recommend watching it, it's well worth it.
Great soundtrack here too as with The Big Chill.

Italy also didn't miss a film in which old friends who haven't seen each other for years meet again one day because of an event. This is the case of the film 'Marrakech Express' by director Gabriele Salvatores (the same who won the Oscar for the film Mediterraneo), in which an old friend is locked up in a prison in Morocco and the old friends set off from a cold and foggy Milan to Marrakech to save him. It's a comedy, but artfully done.

Last edited:
Hadn't heard about The Big Chill. Looks like a good film.
In case you haven't watched yet I recommend Death at a Funeral 2007, (not the 2010 film).

If you have the chance, I really recommend you to watch The Big Chill, a great movie indeed with a very good cast : William Hurt, Glenn Close, Kevin Kline just to name a few..
Death at a Funeral rings a bell.... I’ll check it!

If you have the chance, I really recommend you to watch The Big Chill, a great movie indeed with a very good cast : William Hurt, Glenn Close, Kevin Kline just to name a few..
Death at a Funeral rings a bell.... I’ll check it!
I will. Trying to find a good torrent to download. The best available torrent has only 5 seeders so I have to wait until my internet connection gets better in the evening. :)

Good morning CookingBites! I find myself grateful to be able to cook my own food and to receive such wonderful stimulation to that effect from the members of this site. Thanks all.

I have about eight Eggs in the fridge and will make an Omelette this morning for Breakfast. I'll have some Cranberry Juice with that. Next to OJ, I love Cranberry Juice.

The Breakfast movie I have picked for this morning will be "Jeremiah Johnson."

Later, as I indulge myself with some reheated Lasagna, I'll be watching "Last Tango In Paris."

The late nighter will be "Slaughter House-Five."

Crossed fingers 🤞🏻🙂
big chill.jpg

Only 8 seeds and not a single seed connected. Lol. I must search for somewhere else to find a torrent. Or maybe a direct download.

Back
Top Bottom