Favorite Movies

Love to hear all this - my background is in film production (but teaching it, mainly). I also worked as a film editor (before digital).

That’s interesting.
I’ve explained to the kids how complicated it used to be. On top of that to get a finished product that was so amazing.

We also discussed the nightly news with its tight time frame and broad, immediate distribution back then.

My mom worked for “scale” which means base (low) pay.
We weren’t poor but we were broke.

If anyone is a animation lover like me perhaps check out the Disney Movie Tangled.

Disney dropped an extra $100 million into it to combine both hand and CG animation. Read that extra as in additional.

Fine detail and quality of a high standard we’ll probably never see again at that price.
Stunning detail.

4K BluRay if you can.

Last edited:
Tonight on TV they will broadcast "Shining"!
It seems to me a perfect timing since is Halloween, even if in reality I would look at it even in August.
Popcorn? Got them. Nutella? Also. Telepathy? I'm working on it....

It lasted longer than the usual version because it was an extended version, more scenes than have been cut so far. The only thing I was a bit disappointed about it, it has been the added dubbing about those new scenes .. but I understand that re-dubbing the whole film would have been impossible...
Mr. Nicholson was incredible as usual, what a movie.

There's a sequel to The Shining that will be released in the States next week:

I haven't been happy with Stephen King lately. It seems that he's on a mission to remake all his movies, but crappier. I'm happy that he has a new way to make more money off his genius, but I can't believe he could be happy with the results. But, Doctor Sleep looks like it's going to be really good.

I don't know how many times I saw "Jaws" when it first came out. After the first time, I never paid for a ticket. I usually had girls on either side, with one sitting in my lap. I pretty much laughed through the whole thing, so I guess I was a comfort to those that got scared.

Jaws was a very scary movie! So scary that it kept millions of people away from the beach. I even was scared to go to the beach. And other Jaws-like movies as well!! I hated to see the little boy 'attacked & eaten'!!:headshake::stop::ninja:

Last edited:
There's a sequel to The Shining that will be released in the States next week:

I haven't been happy with Stephen King lately. It seems that he's on a mission to remake all his movies, but crappier. I'm happy that he has a new way to make more money off his genius, but I can't believe he could be happy with the results. But, Doctor Sleep looks like it's going to be really good.

I believe he refused to have anything to do with The Lawnmower Man due to it being far removed from the original story. Not all books work as a movie.

I’ve decided to watch it not with the Italian dubbing option, but in English. A challenge but so good!
If I watched gialli without subtitles, I'd basically learn these phrases:

"The police are fools! No, I must solve this myself!"

"A woman journalist <or doctor, or detective, or pilot, or race car driver>?! Don't make me laugh!"

"Get undressed and come here."

"ARRRGGHHHH!"

:)

If I watched gialli without subtitles, I'd basically learn these phrases:

"The police are fools! No, I must solve this myself!"

"A woman journalist <or doctor, or detective, or pilot, or race car driver>?! Don't make me laugh!"

"Get undressed and come here."

"ARRRGGHHHH!"

:)

Well, I’ve suddenly recognised swear 🙃
But surprisingly I’ve been a bit better this time understanding all the rest. Not all of course and pretty difficult, anyway I’ve enjoyed a very good movie in original language and I’m feeling a bit more proud of me 😊

Last edited:
At daughters last night, watched her movies, the castle. If you want old and funny it's hilarious.
Aussie movie about big company taking over a family home.
About the third time I've watched it. It's up there with " what about bob."

Russ

Back
Top Bottom