Favorite Movies

The Book Thief is a historical novel by Australian author Markus Zusak
A film adaptation was released on 8 November 2013.[7] It was directed by Brian Percival. Michael Petroni wrote the script. Starring Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson as Hans and Rosa Hubermann, Ben Schnetzer as Max Vandenburg, Nico Liersch as Rudy Steiner, and Sophie Nélisse as Liesel Meminger. John Williams wrote the music soundtrack.[8][9] Much of the movie was filmed in Görlitz, Germany

The only film that I would watch a second time

Watching another giallo, "Death Walks At Midnight."
Ok, this is fun.

This particular movie is in Italian with English subtitles. For 50 minutes, I'm listening to Italian and reading subtitles. Suddenly, without warning, it switched to an English overdub, mid-conversation! :laugh:

Ok, this is fun.

This particular movie is in Italian with English subtitles. For 50 minutes, I'm listening to Italian and reading subtitles. Suddenly, without warning, it switched to an English overdub, mid-conversation! :laugh:
...and now we're back to Italian with English subtitles. :laugh:

Also, I did enjoy this bit of fashion:
Who says the '70's weren't chic?! I love it!

The Book Thief is a historical novel by Australian author Markus Zusak
A film adaptation was released on 8 November 2013.[7] It was directed by Brian Percival. Michael Petroni wrote the script. Starring Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson as Hans and Rosa Hubermann, Ben Schnetzer as Max Vandenburg, Nico Liersch as Rudy Steiner, and Sophie Nélisse as Liesel Meminger. John Williams wrote the music soundtrack.[8][9] Much of the movie was filmed in Görlitz, Germany

The only film that I would watch a second time

A very good movie, I agree

If success can be measured by the number of movies made from your books, Alistair Maclean is right up there at the top!

Ice Station Zebra
Where Eagles Dare
The Guns of Navarone
Force 10 from Navarone
When Eight Bells Toll
Bear Island
Breakheart Pass
Puppet on a Chain
Fear is the Key
The Satan Bug
The Way to Dusty Death
River of Death
There are more.

Fantasia (the original)
The first three Indiana Jones movies.
The Lord of the Rings - the three movies, NOT the subsequent stuff.
Fried Green Tomatoes
Amistad
Groundhog Day
Shawshank Redemption
Repo Man
Ratatouille
The Last Temptation of Christ
Pan's Labyrinth
Labyrinth
Edward Scissorhands

These are in no particular order, and I'm sure I can find some others to add to the list.

There's a sequel to The Shining that will be released in the States next week:

I haven't been happy with Stephen King lately. It seems that he's on a mission to remake all his movies, but crappier. I'm happy that he has a new way to make more money off his genius, but I can't believe he could be happy with the results. But, Doctor Sleep looks like it's going to be really good.
I finally got to see this. As with all Stephen King movies, it was too long, but I thought it was really good.

A conversation earlier today reminded me of this classic - The Italian Job. The opening sequence, whilst not brilliant in cinematography, is a compelling reminder of days when men were men, cars had proper engines, and songs had good lyrics. I give you a Lamborghini Miura (probably the most beautiful car ever built), the Italian Alps, and brilliant Don Black lyrics, sung by Matt Monroe. For me, this was the best part of the film. I drove those roads many years later, sadly not in a Lamborghini, but in a rented Opel. I may, or may not have had On Days Like these on repeat on the CD player.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP_ITjmw2po

OK. I'll move what movies I watched today to this thread, instead of What Did I Watch on TV Tonight.

I got through "Cleopatra" and while I'm bored with nothing to do, I am watching John Wayne and Lee Marvin in a comedy called "Donvan's Reef."

Back
Top Bottom