Food Abominations

I´ve got a good friend in Caracas who is an excellent chocolatier. He makes his chocolates with salted caramel, sea salt, chile peppers, macadamia nuts, confit lemon peel, tonka beans, black pepper, "waffle spice" , lemongrass, to mention but a few.
I always used to like Cadbury´s Fruit and Nutcase, till that idiot company took over and nuked the chocolate with excessive sugar.

My absolute favorite chocolate is strawberry fudge covered with milk chocolate. I found that in the UK. I realised however that I can make that myself by now as I am quite good at making fudge, so I will attempt that soon!
Sadly for me, nobody here likes fruity flavors and chocolate and even specialty stores or pattiseries don't sell any fruity chocolate. It's always caramel, nut flavors and coffee flavors. Unfortunate for me.

No raisins in this house, except in picadillo as they add a touch of sweetness, but you don't know they are there with everything else.
Not a raisin fan here. Hubby used to like raisin bran cereal but he eats hot breakfast now since he retired.

Last edited:
We love these

rhuby_packs_raspberries_main_web_900x.jpg
rhuby_packs_strawberries_main_web_900x.jpg

They have the most wonderful fruit flavour to them. The company uses decent raspberries and strawberries, not the cheapest can't sell stuff.

Mind you we love most dried fruit (Bananas excepted). I'm not that keen on raisins, currants or sultanas but that's just me. We do keep 1 packet in of sultanas for occasional in curries or similar dishes. The chooks usually end up getting the remains for the packet because they'll start to disintegrate after a few years in an airtight jar. We have a lot of dried fruit (and fresh) in our pantry, from dried apricots, dates, prunes, barberries :whistling: , home grown apple, pear and plum slices (apricot as well in the years it actually fruits), gogi berries and so on.

We love these

View attachment 98411View attachment 98412
They have the most wonderful fruit flavour to them. The company uses decent raspberries and strawberries, not the cheapest can't sell stuff.

Mind you we love most dried fruit (Bananas excepted). I'm not that keen on raisins, currants or sultanas but that's just me. We do keep 1 packet in of sultanas for occasional in curries or similar dishes. The chooks usually end up getting the remains for the packet because they'll start to disintegrate after a few years in an airtight jar. We have a lot of dried fruit (and fresh) in our pantry, from dried apricots, dates, prunes, barberries :whistling: , home grown apple, pear and plum slices (apricot as well in the years it actually fruits), gogi berries and so on.
Chocolate is the best dried fruit ever LOLOLOLOL.

No I would eat those. I love raspberries. I can't say I have ever eaten dried raspberries or strawberries before but I would eat them in chocolate.

Given that you and your hub were cyclists, I get the dried fruit/trail mix thing. It's kinda a "go-to" for bikers and hikers, yes?

Back
Top Bottom