Food Abominations

What about Corn smut enchiladas?
Delicious. It´s a shame its often described as "smut" - the connotation is that it´s somewhat dirty or nasty. It ain´t! "Huitlacoche" is a fungus (so akin to mushrooms, I suppose) and delish in a quesadilla, or used to stuff courgettes, etc.
Casu Marzu... I think I´d have difficult getting that down my throat!!

Delicious. It´s a shame its often described as "smut" - the connotation is that it´s somewhat dirty or nasty. It ain´t! "Huitlacoche" is a fungus (so akin to mushrooms, I suppose) and delish in a quesadilla, or used to stuff courgettes, etc.
Casu Marzu... I think I´d have difficult getting that down my throat!!

I wouldn't ask for courgettes in a Mexican mercado. You'll probably get a blank stare. :wink:

CD

I think food abominations are also extremely overdone foods. Like stuffed crust cheese pizza's, triple or quadruple burgers, buckets of chicken wings, piles of bacon on things, drenching food in cheese etc.
You mean, this sort of stuff?
f5s4tojdb8cnkgvh0ubq.jpg

Yes, I have to agree with you, but if I were a student, or under 30, at a party with a few crazy friends, I´d probably eat this stuff too.

You mean, this sort of stuff?
View attachment 98331
Yes, I have to agree with you, but if I were a student, or under 30, at a party with a few crazy friends, I´d probably eat this stuff too.
Yeah well I'm not a complete snob, it's different when offered something at a party. I won't turn my nose up at it.

But I wouldn't order it myself.

Not sure this completely qualifies as a food abomination but my first thought was “Pear flavoured chocolate, yuk!” but in the interests of research (for the forum you understand 😉 ) I bought it. At first it was a bit odd but I quickly got over that and have consumed the whole bar, it grows on you 😆

View attachment 98337
That’s the opposite of an abomination! 😋

Back
Top Bottom