Recipe Frittata Di Ricotta Al Forno.

Saranak

Local time
12:34 PM
Ciao everyone,
For this I use Crespone Salumi, most Deli should have. Crespone Salumi most often will be made from coarse ground pork that is blended with sherry, garlic and seasonings to give a rich red color and delicate sweet flavor. The meat may be lightly smoked, then cured and air-dried. This is nice in summer and is good hot or cold. Serves 8.
You will need,
12 eggs.
750 g of fresh tomato sauce.
100 g Crespone Salumi.
350 g ricotta.
150 g Mozzarella.
3 tablespoon flour.
3 tablespoon milk.
4 tablespoon parmesan.

Method -
  1. In a bowl beat the eggs with a little salt and pepper, add the milk and a good bit of flour whisk until even.
  2. Put some oil in a pan and put 2 tablespoon of the eggs mix to cook at a time.
  3. Use all of the mix, when all have been cooked put them on a board.
  4. Mix ricotta and mozzarella cut in small pieces.
  5. Add the salumi and grated parmesan.
  6. Add the tomato sauce stir until all is blended together.
  7. Put a little of the tomato sauce mix to each little omelette. Roll them and press the ends closed so the sauce does not leak.
  8. Put tomato sauce in an oven dish, put the rolls of omelette side by side.
  9. Top the omelette with more tomato sauce parmesan.
  10. Bake 390 F for 15 minutes.
Serve with a nice salad.

Sarana x

Just making sure I understand:

You put flour into the omelettes? I've never come across this before. Doesn't it mean you are making pancakes?

Unlike many (most?) frittata the ingredients are stuffed inside the rolled omelette after cooking?

Just making sure I understand:

You put flour into the omelettes? I've never come across this before. Doesn't it mean you are making pancakes?

Unlike many (most?) frittata the ingredients are stuffed inside the rolled omelette after cooking?
Si, you are correct, the flour just makes them more solid to are better baked. The omelettes or pancakes are cooked first in a pan then rolled. What you are looking to see is a solid thick omelette with the sauce inside.
Hope that assists.
Sarana x

Si, you are correct, the flour just makes them more solid to are better baked. The omelettes or pancakes are cooked first in a pan then rolled. What you are looking to see is a solid thick omelette with the sauce inside.
Hope that assists.
Sarana x

How much flour would you use?

Back
Top Bottom