Funny but Oh dear!

SandwichShortOfAPicnic

Über Member
Local time
12:43 PM
I can't abide a bad packed lunch. I always make some effort because when I had to eat aldesko I wanted that time to feel like a proper break, a bit of joy in a hard day. That was sealed when I became a coeliac - crisps and pepperami anyone? No thanks I'll bring my own lunch.
But I can't help but read this and think BUSTED!! 😂

‘Lunch of suffering’: plain ‘white people food’ goes viral in China

What's your usual work/on the go lunch?

It doesn't surprise me. The Chinese steal all of our ideas. :rolleyes:

If I am in my office working, my kitchen is right downstairs. I can make whatever I want for lunch.

If I am working somewhere else, it is probably in another city that could be anywhere in the US. Then, I have to eat what I can find in some kind of restaurant.

CD

It doesn't surprise me. The Chinese steal all of our ideas. :rolleyes:

If I am in my office working, my kitchen is right downstairs. I can make whatever I want for lunch.

If I am working somewhere else, it is probably in another city that could be anywhere in the US. Then, I have to eat what I can find in some kind of restaurant.

CD
I would dearly love to be able to eat in any restaurant but usually the restaurant that I'd pick as being Coeliac safe is miles away and I never had long enough for lunch to be able to eat in a restaurant anyway.

Happy days now though. I just walk into my kitchen and open the fridge. Usually have our heavier main meal at lunch time which seems to suit my digestion a lot better than eating later.

I don't know if I've always been like this or if it's ageing but I just don't have the energy or enthusiasm to cook good food in the evening!

I'm preparing most lunches at one day 8n the week. Usually lettuce, meat in any Form, cheese, fat/oil, mix of various spices, garlic, chili and bread as carbs. It looks like it was already eaten most of the time, but it has everything I think is appropriate to fuel myself for some hours.

What the Chinese and most western citizens don't get, what is a healthy meal earned with weapons when you can't share it with the people in need?

Back to the question, what I usually have for lunch varies a little, but not much:

1. Weekdays, sandwich at home, and it’ll vary between some kind of lunchmeat one day and a PBJ the next.
2. If I’m going into town over lunch, McD’s regular hamberder ( :laugh: )and large fries, which costs me a whopping $1.71, because I order through their app…$2, actually, because I always round up for charity.
3. Weekends at home, some kind of cheese-crackers-olives-pickles plate.

Back to the question, what I usually have for lunch varies a little, but not much:

1. Weekdays, sandwich at home, and it’ll vary between some kind of lunchmeat one day and a PBJ the next.
2. If I’m going into town over lunch, McD’s regular hamberder ( :laugh: )and large fries, which costs me a whopping $1.71, because I order through their app…$2, actually, because I always round up for charity.
3. Weekends at home, some kind of cheese-crackers-olives-pickles plate.

A good sandwich is a joy but the ones my eldest son and other half make, make me want to cry! 😂

They can't be bother to slice tomatoes or chop cucumber or even get some prepared leaves out of a bag so generally it will be whatever sandwich meat I've made with mayonnaise for lubrication because buttering bread is also too much effort. I weep as I type this 😂

A good sandwich is a joy but the ones my eldest son and other half make, make me want to cry! 😂

They can't be bother to slice tomatoes or chop cucumber or even get some prepared leaves out of a bag so generally it will be whatever sandwich meat I've made with mayonnaise for lubrication because buttering bread is also too much effort. I weep as I type this 😂

You have to look away from your smart phone to make a proper sandwich.

CD

Oh dear! A sandwich without butter, that's just sacrilege :eek: :laugh: :laugh:
When I’ve forgotten to set the butter out or fill the butter crock, I use a vegetable peeler to shave thin strips of butter from the stick and use that.

MrsT just looks at me like I’m insane.

Back
Top Bottom