Funny but Oh dear!

It's different than most mayos, isn't it? I tried it for the first time about a year ago, and now it is all I'll buy.

CD
I'll do Hellmans, Best Foods, Kewpie, I'm not that brand loyal...but Dukes has been part of my life for a very long Iong time and it's my favorite American brand. I do love Kewpie as much but it's super yolk heavy and is better suited for Japanese and sushi related foods.

I used to only buy Hellman's (same as Best Foods), and I tried Kewpie, and did NOT like it.

CD

I just like how he says that Norwegians have such a dismal outlook on life, they want their lunches to be disappointing, and they’d actually be more sad if they had a good one! :laugh:
I loved it when he said 'it should be a disappointment when you eat it and you should not look forward to your lunch'! lol

Yes! For me, real salted butter is a must.

With a crusty bread and cured meat, I like butter on a sandwich. I had some Jamón on a crusty bread, similar to a baguette, in Spain the last time I was there, and it was very good. Just meat, bread and butter, and just the right amount of each. I do NOT like butter on a sandwich with cheese on it. It's like a dairy battle going on in my mouth.

CD

I used to only buy Hellman's (same as Best Foods), and I tried Kewpie, and did NOT like it.

CD
Kewpie has it's place. You don't enjoy sushi or foods where kewpie works well, but others do.

I was reading about frozen sandwiches the other day and they recommended miracle whip for that. Apparently it protects the breads integrity and doesn't make the bread wet when is defrosts which I find a little bit scary 😂

It was at the time available from a website called 'American Fizz' for about 3 or 4 pounds but I got as far as reading "genetically modified high fructose corn syrup" and tapped out 😆

I was reading about frozen sandwiches the other day and they recommended miracle whip for that. Apparently it protects the breads integrity and doesn't make the bread wet when is defrosts which I find a little bit scary 😂

It was at the time available from a website called 'American Fizz' for about 3 or 4 pounds but I got as far as reading "genetically modified high fructose corn syrup" and tapped out 😆
You did yourself a big favor. It's very off-putting. I'd not be surprised if there's an anti Miracle Whip chatroom online somewhere.

I loved it when he said 'it should be a disappointment when you eat it and you should not look forward to your lunch'! lol
In another one, he visits a typical Norwegian apartment, to talk about his country’s taste in interior design, which prompts him to look around the room and joyfully exclaim, “Oh, the browns! The tans! The beiges! It’s so beautiful!” :laugh:

I'd not be surprised if there's an anti Miracle Whip chatroom online somewhere.
I’m sure there’s more than one.

IMG_4783.jpeg

In the times before WW, I bought Duke’s, but now it’s Burman’s (ALDI) reduced fat mayonnaise. 🫤
I'll use Burman's occasionally. I've not tried the reduced fat one and probably won't, but I understand why you do.

In another one, he visits a typical Norwegian apartment, to talk about his country’s taste in interior design, which prompts him to look around the room and joyfully exclaim, “Oh, the browns! The tans! The beiges! It’s so beautiful!” :laugh:
I'm 1/4 Norwegian. I now understand more about my color palette choices.

I'm 1/4 Norwegian. I now understand more about my color palette choices.
Every video of his I’ve seen has been a riot. Grocery shopping (“Norwegians love having no selection!”), office Christmas parties (“We must get drunk, have sex with coworkers, and regret it next day!”), and on and on, driving home this idea of fatalism, misery, and disappointment as a national identity, but fully recognizing it and celebrating it.

You might like one of these Muffaletta (from New Orleans, Louisiana)
I must make one of those again, sometime.
Years ago, I copied a Muffaleta recipe from Emeril Lagasse and made some for a party or two. Lovely stuff, especially the olive salad that goes on the bottom! Good thing is, you can fill the sandwich up with all sorts of meats and cheeses!

Back
Top Bottom