High Brow Breakfast.

Y'know my first thought was (as others have said) eggs benedict or royale. But maybe it depends on what those lucky boys like? How about an Middle Eastern style feast with shakshouka and perhaps and a spread of dips, such as ful madammas with Arab style bread and maybe pastries too. I suppose that isn't really 'high brow' though. But then what is?

The acclaimed Dishoom serves a breakfast bacon naan - so maybe an Indian style spread would hit the spot?
That place looks so goood.
Love fusion food.
Man I have to go there!

My boys would love that.

Yep. I bet you could really freak them out, though, and serve them scones covered with white sauce and bits of sausage.:D:D

Yes, like or not, at least we call biscuits and sausage gravy American food. We don't pretend it is something that it is not. :okay:

CD

Ooh!
Heh, a different direction ... full American breakfast ala Denny's or IHOP or another breakfast diner ... just sayin'
Up til this point I happily didn‘’t know what that was and now I can’t unsee it. YouTube has it’s downsides doesn‘t it.
I’m off to wash my eyeballs out 😆

It’s interesting seeing all the different definitions of special occasion breakfasts here.

For me, though it may not be very special, I’d be extremely happy with a thick-but-airy Belgian waffle, lots of butter and maple syrup, and a three-meat special on the side (streaky bacon, back bacon, and sausages).

We had a "special occasion" Sunday Brunch Buffet in Honolulu, right over the water ... Buckwheat Belgian Waffles with some added fresh whipped Cream and fresh Strawberries. A side please of all-you-can-eat thick cut streaky Bacon, Ham and Breakfast Pork Sausages. Of course there were always the appetizers too - all kinds of Poke, Peel`nEat Prawns, Fresh Raw Oysters ... and then dessert 😋

I love eggs Bennie. I rarely get it out because most places use canned hollandaise or a powdered mix. When I make it at home, I use Chef Eric Ripert's blender hollandaise.

A lot of dinners offer a country Bennie - a biscuit, a slice of sausage and either a sausage gravy or gravy made with bacon or sausage grease. Fried or poached egg.

One of the more upscale breakfast places offers a Bennie with an English muffin, a gammon type piece of ham, with an Alfredo type sauce over it. Poached egg.
I want to go try this recipe, but I have a question:
Should I be using a pasteurized Egg for this?

I want to go try this recipe, but I have a question:
Should I be using a pasteurized Egg for this?

I just use a regular supermarket egg, but neither of us have any immune deficiencies and it all gets used or what little is left is disposed of.

I remember a long time ago reading something about putting an egg in boiling water for a very short time to essentially pasteurize it, but I don't remember how long.

I just use a regular supermarket egg, but neither of us have any immune deficiencies and it all gets used or what little is left is disposed of.

I remember a long time ago reading something about putting an egg in boiling water for a very short time to essentially pasteurize it, but I don't remember how long.
Are regular supermarket eggs not pasteurised in the US?

Back
Top Bottom