High Brow Breakfast.

Thanks medtran49. A couple of us Brits attempted to make biscuits and gravy for this thread (with photos). Its an almost impossible dish to photograph well!

Oh - and don't worry about any banter here about USA v. Brits, SandwichShortOfAPicnic. Its all good humoured. The mods (who reside in the USA, UK and Australia) are quick to nip anything tricky of this nature in the bud. Thankfully, this is very rarely needed.

I can guess it would be just bants on here but the day before I joined here I joined another food forum almost all Americans.
The Brit bashing was almost instant and a lot wasn’t done in jest.
Yeah - we´ve got it down to a fine art here. But it´s all fun and games. No point in spoiling a good party!! :laugh: :laugh:

Lot's of black pepper, and some salt, of course. Other than that, just the sausage. The biscuits are moist, but flakey. Covered in sausage gravy, they could look like hash browns, I suppose.

Buttermilk biscuits...

View attachment 98371

Biscuits and gravy...

View attachment 98370

CD
Now I‘ve seen that I can imagine it working like an upside down pie.
A bit like little piece of upside down cobbler.

Thanks medtran49. A couple of us Brits attempted to make biscuits and gravy for this thread (with photos). Its an almost impossible dish to photograph well!

Oh - and don't worry about any banter here about USA v. Brits, SandwichShortOfAPicnic. Its all good humoured. The mods (who reside in the USA, UK and Australia) are quick to nip anything tricky of this nature in the bud. Thankfully, this is very rarely needed.

Oops I didn't post the link the thread about biscuits and gravy. Here it is: Calling all Americans!

Update -
In the end they overwhelmingly requested Eggs Benedict which they‘ve missed. I gave them the choice of what type and told them to come home from the supermarket with ingredients for whatever version they wanted, spinach, smoked salmon, bacon etc etc.
They came back with some thick cut bacon loin steaks that were perfect.

Waiting on the Chilli Jam to arrive and then the ‘Dishroom’ naan roll will be mine 😆

I don’t have a good photo because we all started eating it asap!
But here’s the dodgy one I remembered to take.
90E431A5-B0E0-456D-B7EE-02F08066FEDD.jpeg

I have a lovely surprise for my two boys incoming this week. We have leased two cars for them for a couple of years to help while they’re at uni, Bristol is a low emission zone area and they have to be able to drive in and out for work and lectures on different campus’

I’m excited, they know nothing about it. I’m wanting celebratory mood food to fit and I can’t decide on breakfast.

So I throw it out to you, what do you consider the breakfast of Kings (and Queens)?

The breakfast dish that lets you know today is not an ordinary day, today is special and all is right in the world?! 💃🕺
Eggs Benedict. The person who developed hollandaise sauce deserves sainthood.

Back
Top Bottom