Holiday Ornaments/Decorations

If stopping is a problem, why don't you just change to something else?
I mean to say, it's difficult stopping as long as they keep producing them. If I have one of them, I must have all of them, even if I don't want them. It's the completionist in me. We have two sets of plastic Hallmark ornaments that we haven't used since 2003 or so...they're still making them, so we're still buying them, and tossing them right into the storage bin. I've also been slowly filling in the missing Swarovski ones as I can find them online.

It's the same reason, if I watch an episode of a TV show, I have to watch all the episodes, even if I hate the series (I'm looking at you, Black Mirror...and Hemlock Grove...and a dozen others).

We have two sets of plastic Hallmark ornaments that we haven't used since 2003 or so...they're still making them, so we're still buying them, and tossing them right into the storage bin. I've also been slowly filling in the missing Swarovski ones as I can find them online.

I'm now wondering how this fits with your admirable practice (stated elsewhere) that you have an anti-clutter rule that if a new thing comes into the house then something else has to leave the house. I've been preaching this to anyone who will listen BTW!

I'm now wondering how this fits with your admirable practice (stated elsewhere) that you have an anti-clutter rule that if a new thing comes into the house then something else has to leave the house. I've been preaching this to anyone who will listen BTW!
That rule is for the kitchen, mainly, and is helped since I don't generally buy collections of kitchen items. Yes, I know that Wusthof, for example, has different series of cutlery, but that's not quite the same as a, say, a group of stuffed bears sold as a collection. I guess I'm just a sucker for "collect all 12!!!" marketing schemes. :)

I guess I'm just a sucker for "collect all 12!!!" marketing schemes. :)

Well - I note you have a beard. How about beard baubles! Its a thing.... ref=asc_df_B07HMTTS3Z

35524 35525

We have a lot of nutcrackers around the house. I like this ornament because it's got more of a matte finish to it.

We've had this one a long time, and I have no idea when/where we bought this, but I'd guess Chicago some time in the late 1990's.

The Swarovski ornament is beautiful!

My mom and sisters are "collectors." My sister has a whole cabinet full of Swarovski glass. My mom has somewhere in the neighborhood of 150-200 Lladros. They have all the ornaments, including the ones only collectors can buy.

Swarovski glass is very pretty, but I can't see myself buying any. Now, Murano glass made in Venesia, Italy really appeals to me. Venetian glass is beautiful.

CD

Back
Top Bottom