Holiday Ornaments/Decorations

I love your ornaments and your spirit.
Thank you!

Believe me, I get beaten up online and IRL for having the Christmas exuberance of Buddy The Elf, but I don't care. Today, I stood in a very long line at the post office, just to get stamps. I could have just used the machine, but I liked seeing everyone mailing off their packages. Made me feel good!

Thank you!

Believe me, I get beaten up online and IRL for having the Christmas exuberance of Buddy The Elf, but I don't care. Today, I stood in a very long line at the post office, just to get stamps. I could have just used the machine, but I liked seeing everyone mailing off their packages. Made me feel good!
Ever burped like Buddy the Elf?

This is a Radko ornament, bought in Philly in the late '90's, I think. A lot of Radko ornaments have...very precious eyes painted on (I don't know a better word for it), with big overdone eyelashes, but this little fellow keeps his eye makeup under control.

You can't see it here, but if you upend him, he's got tiny little boot soles painted on the bottom. Nice little bit of detail, that.

I'm going to have to double up some days to get through the remainder by Christmas.

This is a legless Grinch (with Max), plastic Hallmark ornament, probably purchased in the early '90's.

When we got our dog Kate, in late November 2004, she was a handful, to say the least. She'd been living wild, very untrusting of humans, and she would try to eat absolutely anything she thought might be food. That pretty much tells you where Grinch's legs went. I added the red marker pen highlight for effect. :)

We still keep him as a reminder that, no matter how difficult Kate gets with each passing year, nothing was as bad as her first six months.

Our good luck pickle, bought in New Ulm, MN in 1996. Every good German has a pickle in the tree somewhere.

The other one is Jacob Marley, from a collection of "A Christmas Carol" ornaments, and I can't say where this one was bought, but it was either Delaware in '95 or Minnesota in '96. He looks red, but that's just because he's in front of a light. He's misty green on his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
A wooden painted Santa, can't remember where we bought this, but it was probably either Bratislava or Budapest in 2010, Alaska in 2012, or Prague in 2015.

These are other wooden painted ornaments we have. Same situation with where we bought these.

Well, all except that Welsh love spoon ornament. We bought the original one in probably 1994, in Wales, but the same dog who de-legged Mr. Grinch also de-stroyed that one, so this is a replacement that we bought in London in 2009.

Back
Top Bottom