can't digest Green Bell Peppers like my Mother, omit that!
I think this is such a pretty jelly, it reminds me of a necklace sparkling in the sunshine.
I've used this jelly as a glaze on a Ham, a Chicken ...
and CraigC I love your idea of an Empanada filling!!!!
It is indeed pretty! I just dislike green bell peppers but the jalapenos would add plenty of green color. I wonder if my dislike for them stems from me having digestive issues with them as well? I love other colors, but they just taste good to me and green bell just don't. To me.

It is indeed pretty! I just dislike green bell peppers but the jalapenos would add plenty of green color. I wonder if my dislike for them stems from me having digestive issues with them as well? I love other colors, but they just taste good to me and green bell just don't. To me.
What I had been told was the Green Bell Pepper/Capsicum is an immature fruit.
Some folks have issues with it. Myself, I don't care for them as say a Stuffed Pepper or raw in a salad, but in this application, they don't bother me.

Well I do know we have red bell pepper plants growing in our garden and they are green initally. I don't tend the garden and apparently I don't know that much about it other than what I like to eat and cook!

I have used red bells in my Trinity. They are the exact same plant, just different ripeness. I like the flavor of the riper red bell.

CD
Yeah, I just can't abide by those green bells, ugh. I pick them out of stuff, LOL.

MrsT also will not eat a green pepper to save her life, and for years just chalked it up to a dislike of bell peppers in general, until I got her eating the others.

We grow capsicum here, we love them.

Russ
I only like red, yellow, and more recently, the purplish ones I bought. I like the mini ones because they have fewer seeds and seem sweeter.

I have used red bells in my Trinity. They are the exact same plant, just different ripeness. I like the flavor of the riper red bell.

CD
Those red bells are the best, but the yellow and orange aren't bad either, just not as sweet.

Question: Why is it that some green bell peppers turn to mush before they ever change color? I have noticed a difference from plant-to-plant, which is why I didn't realize that green ones were just unripe fruit. When he first started growing them, he planted a few green ones and the peppers never ripened (and I didn't want to harvest them) and turned mushy so never got used. The plants that were specifically labeled to be red and yellow peppers actually changed to the correct color before harvest and did not rot.

I only like red, yellow, and more recently, the purplish ones I bought. I like the mini ones because they have fewer seeds and seem sweeter.
It's funny talking about capsicum I was in car earlier and they were talking on the radio how people dont like the green ones. Too raw. Strange coincidence.

Russ

Those red bells are the best, but the yellow and orange aren't bad either, just not as sweet.

Question: Why is it that some green bell peppers turn to mush before they ever change color? I have noticed a difference from plant-to-plant, which is why I didn't realize that green ones were just unripe fruit. When he first started growing them, he planted a few green ones and the peppers never ripened (and I didn't want to harvest them) and turned mushy so never got used. The plants that were specifically labeled to be red and yellow peppers actually changed to the correct color before harvest and did not rot.

I don't grow bell peppers, but my jalapeños do the same thing. Some turn red, and others don't. I don't know why.

Only the green and red bell peppers are the same plant. The yellow and orange bells are different peppers. I would think they all start out green, but I have no experience with them. I have grown banana peppers, and they start out green, and turn yellow.

CD

I don't grow bell peppers, but my jalapeños do the same thing. Some turn red, and others don't. I don't know why.

Only the green and red bell peppers are the same plant. The yellow and orange bells are different peppers. I would think they all start out green, but I have no experience with them. I have grown banana peppers, and they start out green, and turn yellow.

CD
All of our pepper start out green. I like Hungarian hots quite a bit, great for stuffing. Those red jalapeños are nice and spicy!

Only the "regular" bell peppers are green, and then turn red. In my case, they get eaten by insects before I can even get them to ripe.
The yellow and orange peppers are, as CD points out, different variants. Jalapeños start off green, then turn red - which is when Mexican farmers harvest them for morita and chilpotle chiles (which are smoked).

All of our pepper start out green. I like Hungarian hots quite a bit, great for stuffing. Those red jalapeños are nice and spicy!
I remember making ABTs with some red Japs. They were much spicier than the ones made with green Japs.

Back
Top Bottom