How do you fry your eggs?

You don’t find the taste a bit metallic?
Never noticed it.
And now the problem will be that I start checking for it next time I have one

Corrected that for you! Saving bacon fat/grease is virtually unknown in UK/Europe.
We always used to save bacon fat (in the Netherlands)
My brother did too, till his girl friend told him off.
Same girl friend laughed out load when they came to my house and there was bacon grease on the stove too :)

When I was young, it was scramble or not at all. when I grew up I learned the joys of "sunny-side-up" with yolks that were runny enough to dip my toast into and add more flavor to the plate of breakfast goodies (bacon, hashbrowns/toast). I always endeavor to make the perfect egg like Yorky showed, but I get it right only two thirds of the time.

When I was young, it was scramble or not at all. when I grew up I learned the joys of "sunny-side-up" with yolks that were runny enough to dip my toast into and add more flavor to the plate of breakfast goodies (bacon, hashbrowns/toast). I always endeavor to make the perfect egg like Yorky showed, but I get it right only two thirds of the time.
I prefer latkes to hash browns. The best I've had out were from a Jewish deli called Corky's in North Miami Beach (original) and then in Pembroke Pines. Both locations have been gone a long time.

I'm in the scrambled camp, but the way I scramble, which apparently is more European from what MG has commented previously after seeing a photo, and NOT like you get in most American diners.

I'll occasionally eat a fried egg because I don't want to clean the pan after I've fried eggs for Craig. Whites have to be set and I prefer a jelly like yolk. I'll eat a runny yolk, but am not happy about it.

I googled a picture and I think I might have to learn how to make those!
We have the recipe but it makes a HUGE amount. I'll see if i can find it.

ETA: Craig already posted it. I saw the recipe in The Miami Herald back when we got a Sunday paper and the food writer would ask restaurants for reader requested recipes.

Recipe - Corky's Potato Latkes

Simple answer; Scrambled!! I can't stand a runny egg yolk!!! :eek:
Scrambled eggs..jpg

I try to avoid crispy bottoms.
Especially on eggs, I might add, but while I like the yolk runny, I´m not too keen on semi-raw whites. I resolve that by using far too much oil/butter/bacon fat/ghee, then spooning the hot fat over the egg to cook it.

Our duck eggs here have so little white to yolk ratio that just cooking on a very low light (gas) ensures the white is solid whilst the yolk remain liquid.

Back
Top Bottom