How do you fry your eggs?

Thatā€™s what Felicity Cloake concluded in her ā€˜how to cook the perfect fried eggā€™ that they needed covering briefly.
I favour the spoon the fat over the top method because I always have one eye on how much washing up Iā€™m making and and am not adding in a pan lid unnecessarily šŸ˜†

We have a tiny clear glass lid that I wasnā€™t allowed to throw out when the little saucepan went in the bin as my son uses it to cook his eggs.

Hereā€™s this morningā€™s egg:

IMG_4471.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg

Started with a pan on medium heat, melted about a tablespoon combined of butter and bacon grease/fat.

Cut the heat back to low, dropped in the eggs and about a teaspoon of water, clapped the lid on, and waited about four minutes.

Hereā€™s this morningā€™s egg:

View attachment 100301View attachment 100302

Started with a pan on medium heat, melted about a tablespoon combined of butter and bacon grease/fat.

Cut the heat back to low, dropped in the eggs and about a teaspoon of water, clapped the lid on, and waited about four minutes.
Do you keep your eggs fridge or room temp? That question always seems to cause a little furore šŸ˜‚

Do eggs have a protective layer? I'm not aware of that.

This is what Iā€™m referencing:

In the United States, after the eggs are laid by the chickens, they go through a cleaning process. The eggs are washed in warm water and a detergent. After washing, they are rinsed and cleaned with a sanitizer to remove any remaining bacteria. The eggs are then dried to remove moisture from the surface. The result are eggs that are clean on the outside, and look spotless.

However, washing and sanitizing the outside of the egg removes the eggā€™s cuticle. The cuticle is a natural layer that protects the egg from harmful bacteria getting inside. If the egg had been fertilized, this is how the egg naturally protects the embryo while it is developing. Cleaning the eggs removes the cuticle, so the eggs must be kept at refrigeration temperature. Otherwise, the bacteria could easily enter the egg and multiply to dangerous levels. By keeping it out of the danger zone, salmonella canā€™t multiply rapidly.
From StateFoodSafety.com

This is what Iā€™m referencing:

From StateFoodSafety.com

I've known this for a long time, but it doesn't really matter to me. Keeping my eggs in the fridge is not a big deal. In other countries, where smaller homes, kitchens and appliances are common, eggs may take up valuable fridge space.

CD

I've known this for a long time, but it doesn't really matter to me. Keeping my eggs in the fridge is not a big deal. In other countries, where smaller homes, kitchens and appliances are common, eggs may take up valuable fridge space.

CD
I didnā€™t learn that until we moved there and it was covered during our ā€œcultural acclimationā€ classes.

I think the title of that module was, ā€œYouā€™ve Heard About the Warm Beer, Now Let Me Tell You About the Eggs.ā€ šŸ˜¬

Back
Top Bottom